Thermostat Peak Demand scheduling

My power company charges more during peak hours. In the winter 6-9AM and summer 5-7PM. It would be great if you can add this to the thermostat. My honeywell had this and all I had to do is set the hours and dates and it would go into peak mode no matter what the schedule was set to. To do this now it’s a shedding nightmare the way it is and I would be able to use the auto switch feature. Please Please add this. My hot water heater controller has this feature as well but it’s more advanced. And how will the remote sensor integrate with the thermostat? What options will we have?

The other thing that is really needed is an indicator on the display and the app when the unit is running. I can hear the relay click that’s the way I know it turned on

On mine, the display turns orange when it’s heating.

Thanks maybe i missed that I’ll check it out again

For the thermostat’s scheduling I’d love to be able to add the holidays that my utility company has so that they’re treated like the Saturday-Sunday schedule and not the weekday schedule.

I have both of my themostats programed to change temps based around the on-peak and off-peak times of the electric plan that I’m on. Basically I supercool the house right before peak hours start and then have the AC not run for the 3 hours of it. Saves a ton of money and works great, expect for all of the major US holidays (I think 10). They’re treated like the weekend where there are no peak hours. So it’d be nice to have them follow the same schedule where the house stays at an even temp all day.

1 Like

I didn’t find this thread yesterday when I posted about dealing with holidays for peak. I was waiting for it to be approved and was going to add to it a similar request this this.

I schedule my AC around the peak demand schedule and not my schedule or if I’m home/away. I dropped my summer AC bill by over $100 doing. So it would be amazing if there was a scheduling option that encompassed it along with the holiday integration.

On the holiday feature request. A simple integration for it would be to simply let the user pick a wyze/utility holiday calendar from the user’s calendar app and read in the dates. The feature would be fairly simple on iOS with EventKit.