Terrible support, is this normal?

Gwendolyn, yes it was offered after I posted above. I’m in the process of doing some final testing now as the support agent requested. It doesn’t change the fact that support has been quite bed, and I’ve gone from a happy customer to one who probably won’t buy future Wyze products.

Correction for @WildBill! We found a way to open 1038459 again. We’ll be contacting you through there.

We are sorry to hear that and I will share your feedback with the team.

I’m very confused at the numerous emails addressed to me that appear to be responses to various customers in the WYZE community. I now realize my issue is not even being addressed.

WYZE is now notifying customers via the forum there is an issue with their return system?? Apparently the system cannot process return labels?? Sounds a little far-fetched. I’ve been waiting for return labels for at least 2 1/2 weeks. I suspect with the numerous complaints on the outdoor cameras this company is just about to go under And many of us are going to be left with inoperable faulty equipment and our warranty will not be honored. Which of course means we will not be refunded. This is an absolutely unethical business practice. People are not going to throw their hands up and just walk away from this issue.

Rest assured this is all in your head as far as WYZE going under. They aren’t going anywhere.

Per their latest email update:

Francis Lee joined Wyze as our CFO. Francis was formerly part of the executive finance team at Nike. We didn’t think we’d be able to get him to join when we offered him the job, but we told him to Just Do it and then he did.

As part of our ongoing commitment to significantly boost security, we’ve hired Mina Farah as Head of Security. Mina comes to Wyze with over 20 years of data security experience.

Right now ,we still have over 50 job openings at Wyze, and we love hiring people that are already Wyze users. Take a look and see if you might be a good fit.

I see. So they aren’t going anywhere. They’ll simply continue to disregard customer concerns, multiple customer concerns, regarding intermittent motion detection concerns with the outdoor cameras. And simply disregard commitments to provide return slips. Well, happy for you.

WYZE is trying, I know this for a fact. I worked with one of the founders, who has made himself available here on the forums, to report and resolve a WCO bug.

Yes, the RMA shipping slip thing is a crock that has persisted for well over a month now. No argument there. I waited over 15 business days for a return shipping label. I stayed on WYZE like white on rice regarding a v3 issue. They ended up sending me a new camera and didn’t ask for my “defective” v3 back. Come to find out, whatever the problem is with my v3, they have worked around it via the Android beta app.

Some time in 2019 I bricked a v2 during a firmware update. The v2 was well outside of warranty, but I had just hooked it up for the first time after letting it sit around for over a year. WYZE was kind enough to send me an “open box” v2 cam at no charge. Not because they had to, but because I treated them with respect and was kind during my phone call instead of freaking out and complaining.

I’m still not stoked about the issues I and others are having with recording from playback on a v3 when using the released Android application. I sincerely hope whatever application fix they have in the beta application makes it into the official release soon! At least there is a work around for the issue, but people shouldn’t need to join a beta program to get promised functionality.

Like I said, they aren’t perfect, but I do know that they are trying. Hang in there or go spend more elsewhere. Know this, chronic complaining isn’t going to get you or anyone else a thing. With that said, I do know that some people are only happy when complaining.

Gwendolyn, I coincidentally upgraded my net connection allowing greater upload data speeds, and that has seemingly fixed the problem. The wired cams always worked well, but this apparently fixes the problem with the Outdoor Cams.

Please share this feedback with the software team because I know a lot of other people have similar problems.

So once again I’m here regarding the non-functional nature of “chat” support…

Per the chat:

Wyze Wizards: We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Two days later and no response from support. Ticket 1077407.

So is Ticket 1077407 a new issue?
Either way, be sure to respond to the eMail you received with the ticket number you want to keep alive.

Yes, a new issue, but same old problem with support.