Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

That worked for you and this works for me.

1 Like

Gosuna, a cheap smart home brand I found on Amazon even has the option. I’ll just buy TP-Link bulbs until Wyze finally adds it.

1 Like

My color bulb sunset works completely, on and off. The sunrise will come on but it does not shut off…

1 Like

I too am astonished to find that in the time I’ve owned various Wyze gadgets, that this really simple request goes unfilled. Why would you be dorking around with weird settings on package detection when your devices can’t even know what time sunrise and sunset are at my location? I don’t even mind having to define that location manually.

And yes, agreed, all my cheapo, no-name/generic-name plugs are smart enough to be able to come on “15 minutes before sunset” or “30 minutes after sunrise”. It’s not that complex.

(and no, I’m not inviting Alexa into my house to fix this. That’s part of why I picked Wyze products. I have felt, historically, that they are genuinely not trying to comb through all my personal data like Amazon/Google blatantly are)

2 Likes

How long since wyze said they would be rolling out a new rules engine with sunset/sunrise triggers and a new interface? I have yet so hear of anyone who got it and tested it. It’s hard to believe. If it were not for the fact I happen to have alexa, I’d have been driven completely away from wyze. Right now I’m hanging in by using alexa.

2 Likes

This feature is about 2 months shy of 2 years old from originally being mentioned in September 2019 as far back as I could see. That’s a bit too long for Wyze. Are they distracted with other stuff or are they overhauling the whole triggers/rules engine and just keep changing it again and again before rollout. I mean the status is only “researching” right now, should be in later “testing” phase by now. What’s the deal here, Wyze?

2 Likes

I too would LOVE this feature to have an option for sunset and sunrise based on GEO location which seems very simple to me.

:bulb:C’mon @UserCustomerGwen make this one happen! :smiley: :bulb:

2 Likes

Based on the email I received this morning from Wyze, this is now a possibility!!!

“You also finally have the ability to trigger color changes in your Wyze Bulb Color, trigger devices when it’s sunrise or sunset, activate your Wyze Cam v3 siren for any alarm that strikes your fancy, and so much more! (HMS scheduling coming soon!)”

HOWEVER, I cannot seem to find this option when creating/editing rules. Anyone figure it out yet?

Came here wondering the same thing!

1 Like

yup, that makes at least 3 of us.

Me too, Been waiting forever for this simple a fundamental feature.

Glad you guys posted this. I just went into my Rules → then Create New Rule → then clicked Start Time → and look what I found:

Took them long enough. Also I have not tested this feature as of yet so I cannot speak to how well it works, but thanks for the heads up!!!

1 Like

Are you android? Still not seeing this on the iOS app.

not seeing it on my android app either. maybe beta software?

I’m not seeing it on my Android app either. I see the new Location Trigger has been added but I don’t see the sunset/sunrise options as pictured above…

I’m not seeing this either. I am on IOS. Is this feature only for “subscription” users?

1 Like

I’ve been on with support all morning who pretty much had no idea. They now say they are going to roll this out over the next three weeks. They also haven’t released an iOS app since 2.23.23, Aug 12, 2021. So my guess is it is going to be in the next release.

2 Likes

So what version of the app should we be on for this new function? And if it hasn’t been rolled out yet, how did the other person who posted a screen shot with it get it?

Thanks for sharing your information. I guess we wait and see. Funny thing with this company is they have decent technology, but poor communication. I learned a lot about IFTTT and Alexa rules while waiting for this feature from Wyze.

1 Like

i went ahead and joined the beta program (android) and the sunrise/set feature is in there. v2.24.16. so whenever they update the app it should show up.

2 Likes