Spotlight Stops Working

I will try to get that looked into.

Thank you. They do seem to be having problems getting email solved and the person I just talked to today said that until the email works there’s nothing can be done. But maybe you can make some headway. Again the spotlight worked great (except for user error) until fw .16

1 Like

I’m not a Wyze employee, just a user like you. Sometimes Mavens can help get tickets looked into.

I understand. I had 3 wyze employees on the fb group look at my problem but none ever bother to get back to me unless I post on their public facebook page. I could at least get an answer that they are looking into the problem but to not be able to get a replacement is the deciding factor whether I stay with Wyze or not. Considering it’s only 2 months old. Thank you :slight_smile:

Also since I’m not able to get through to them could you also let them know that I’m testing this inside the house and it works ok. And it’s farther away from the router where it’s at now then it was when outside. The other 2 spotlights are working ok just this one which is a replacement of a replacement of a replacement (maybe not by Wyze but I just bought to replace).

1 Like

Thank you for escalating this. I have a replacement ordered.

If it still doesn’t work, try ordering new cables on Amazon. I thought I had a faulty camera-it was making all kind of noises, would not connect, etc and I was afraid it was going to burn the house down. Contacted Wyze and they sent a new one out. Later I saw a Wyze compatible cable on Amazon, bought it and tried it and the camera worked fine with the new cable! I am still having issues with my spot light. It is motion activated and then stays on all night.

Ok I dont want the thing on all night. It reflects on the awning in Mom’s bedroom keeping her awake. Hence one of my main problems.

I have same issue and that same camera also will not show in color when dark. I had a person helping me and when I responded that the fix she sent didn’t not work I never heard back.
It is frustrating.

1 Like

Hi @tbygate Welcome to the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
Guessing it was some person not on this forum since this is the 1st time post.

If the picture is B&W then the “Night Vision Mode” is ON
From the gear icon, this setting is under Advanced Settings.

• Auto will turn ON the (InfraRed) IR Filter when its dark and the pix will be B&W.
  • If you switch this to OFF then the picture will be color.
1 Like

Thanks. I have tried that and still BW

1 Like

If the picture from the camera is always B&W dispite forcing the night vision OFF then the Cam’s IR filter is probably stuck in front of the lens. You could try switching it on/off and see if you hear the solenoid click.
Remove the power and try sliding a magnet on side of the camera. This can smoetimes free it up.

3 Likes