Spider webs are wyze AI’s biggest enemy

Spider webs drive the AI to label things wrong.

Constant false alerts

I have been submitting the correct feedback for 8 months on spider webs but I see no improvements . So much for monthly AI updates

How are we supposed to trust wyze AI ?

2 Likes

I’d try clearing the spider webs. :wink:

4 Likes

Spider webs (and spiders) cause problems with every camera I’ve ever used. They seem to appreciate the IR lights as a way to attract prey.

2 Likes

Yup, they are attracted to IR, and since they are so close they can look like anything to the AI. Keep submitting, it will get better, but will never be perfect.

Try using a small light or IR lamp somewhere away from the cam to attract stuff over there instead.

1 Like

When you work away from home all the time , it can be hard to clean off the spider webs .

Let us not forget Mothra taking a break from extensive battles with Godzilla

He’s about to get his eviction notice, been loitering for at least 10 hours now.

2 Likes

If feasible, it might be worth trying the suggestions above - disable the IR LEDs on the camera, and use supplementary lighting if really necessary. Since disabling the lights I have more bird issues than insect issues.

2 Likes

I’ll be fixing that soon , getting a spotlight added for sure

1 Like

If you turn off ir it will stop the problem. Try and get some kind of light on in the location so you can have night vision on and no ir …

1 Like

Yes I did . I was using just black and white night vision for months and finally had enough of false positives and also not getting person notifications bc of the low light

I began using the color night vision on my cameras and I don’t know why I never did so in the first place !! Man I love that starlight sensor

I left some lights on in frame around my cameras and i hooked up some spotlights to my v3 and so far it’s been great

No more spider webs triggering false positives and now with light in frame the person detection is sooo much better .

1 Like

That’s great …I have 13 V3 cameras and love them.

I have 8 v3’s , 1 WCO v2, and 1 Pan Cam v2 and I love them too :slight_smile:

I love Wyze for offering affordable cameras

I have one thing I want to share with you and I really wanted to put it on the group just wasn’t sure how to do it but I have two cameras on my fence line away from the house and I live in Florida so after the sun goes down I’ll get some fogging on the lens around 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning because of the temperature changes so I read a lot about this people were blaming the manufacturer they were blaming ring so anyway I did some researching and I found this one guy that had this problem and he use Dawn dish soap he put it on the lens and let it dry and then buffed it off and it worked so I did it and so far it’s been perfect I was amazed we’ll see how long it lasts. The rest of my cameras have no issues they are under the eves of the house the ones that I had a problem with our battery V2s the battery cameras don’t stay warm like the plug-in ones and I know that’s what causes it.

3 Likes