[SOLVED] Boot loop of death when turning heat on

The Y wire from the thermostat should connect to the Y terminal on the furnace. The Y1 wire from the outside unit should also connect to that same Y terminal on the furnace.

The red and white wire that go to the outside unit control that unit’s contactor. You seem to have created a loop by taking out the Y terminal on the furnace :slight_smile:

How do I figure out which is the Y to the furnace ?

The wires around the transformer aren’t clear enough to tell where they are going, Where exactly do the wire labeled W, R, and C go? Also, where does that white wire with black stripes go?

I don’t see an issue with the Y connector, necessarily. If the wires do what I think they do, that part would be fine.

The C wire appears to be grounded to the gas valve instead of going into the expected wire nut- if the white wire with black stripes is the wire I think it is, then that would be your C.

I just need verification that the W wire is going back to the control for the gas valve, and the C and R are both attached to different sides of the 24v transformer coil to be certain.

Do you remember where the wire that you marked with the Y1 sticker was attached to the furnace? That is what it should connect to.

That was the way it was connected from the very beginning.

The C is connected to gas valve, Because I didn’t have it connected anywhere, and only today ran 5 wires, I connected it to the bare metal.

The W and R go back to the 24V adapter but because the way it is mounted I cannot reach it.

W shouldn’t be connected to the transformer.
It should be connected to the other end of this white wire, I think:

Do you have a multimeter, and do you know how to use the continuity mode?

Would you happen to have a picture of what it looked like before you connected the Wyze thermostat?

Solved!!

The C wire appears to be grounded to the gas valve instead of going into the expected wire nut- if the white wire with black stripes is the wire I think it is, then that would be your C.

That was it. My common should have been connected to these wires. it is working now. Thank you all for the help. My wife says thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

That was it. My ground/common was wrong.

Awesome! :slight_smile: