SMS (text message) notifications

I like this idea just because it will give me more ability to set a unique alert sound.

1 Like

Plenty of people have had issues with notifications, sometimes because their phone quiesced the app in a low power mode. SMS is the best way to ensure that we get notifications, even if our WiFi or mobile data is off. It’s a must, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Bumping this old topic with the following: Another reason why I am searching for a system that will send me an SMS alert.

I can configure my iPhone so that a SMS message will trigger a specific loud ring tone even if I have my phone in silent mode at night. I can also identify it as an “emergency bypass number.”

This way I can put my phone in silent mode at night and be woken up ONLY by this particular SMS alert.

But this has to be from a SMS with a static number and not shared with other SMS messages like in the email to phone number attached email solution.

3 Likes

Please Include SMS Text notifications in CamPlus! It would make sense in the paid tier because it costs a little money to send them.

People are constantly reporting delayed and missing notifications across all the Wyze products and services. Now that there are doorbells and soon actual “Home Security” products this is imperative.

Simply sending a text message instead of (or in addition to) waiting for the Wyze app and Android/iOS to do their jobs would make Wyze service MUCH more reliable.

Please do it.

3 Likes

We need text notifications. When I’m sleeping I would really like to know if there is movement in my home. If I leave wifi or data on all night I will be disturbed too much from other notifications. Wyze, make this happen.

4 Likes

I agree, - and would also suggest that customer be texted to advise of firmware upgrades.

1 Like

SMS notifications when a leak is detected is a must. The default app sound isn’t enough to wake a person up, and if there is a leak, this is very much needed. With a text notification, a person can customize the sound to be something unique that will have more urgency than a standard app alert

3 Likes

Wyze Flash Sales

It seems that the flash sales are only advertised via the Wyze app. I have missed the last 2 flash sales because the flash sale notification on my iPhone was… poor, didn’t get my attention, seems it was silent, was the poor notification because of the Wyze app or iOS? I suggest you add sending flash sales advertisements via text message to get my attention. I want to buy something on sale!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

Get text when doorbell activated

I have installed a doorbell pro. When it is pressed or detects motion I don’t get the notification on my android phone until it I open it. Is there a way to get a text when the doorbell is pressed or detects motion so I will get a quick auditory signal on my phone?

Text notifications text vs. just push

PLEASE add a text notification option vs. just push. If there is an event and I am not near my phone or it is at night I have no way of knowing about it unless I check events every morning.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

This thread was started a few years ago, so it is fairly long. It was mentioned above, but check out this video on IFTTT and see if this work around may work for you.

Thanks. FYI, they appear to charge $2.50/mo for each camera.

Looks like IFTTT has a Free Plan. You might try that first and assess the cost vs. functionality of their different plans.

https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053706813-IFTTT-Plans-at-a-glance#:~:text=Pro%20and%20Pro%2B-,Free,the%20action%20in%20your%20Applets.

Hi. Really odd but when I try to do SMS it always wants to charge me but appears to be free if I get a Gmail instead…

1 Like

I was able to get two email alerts before requiring upgrade. Better than nothing! Thanks.

1 Like