SmartThings Integration

Yes, please prioritize this effort. Thousands of people would buy wyzecams with this integration. The ST community is huge with millions of users. I would personally buy at least 8 more cams for the 3 home levels and outside.

1 Like

I am excited and can’t wait for this! IFTTT keeps bugging out on me so my camera’s don’t always turn on when an intrusion is detected by Smartthings. Having one less link in the chain would make things much more reliable.

1 Like

Are there any news on this topic, @UserCustomerGwen? Thank-you

2 Likes

This integration is a must!

3 Likes

No news at this point. Thanks for checking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m subscribed to this thread in the event that an actual relevant update may be posted officially by Wyze. can we make it so email notifications are only sent if @UserCustomerGwen adds to the thread rather than every individual person who comments on how much their anticipating the integration?

1 Like

^^ THIS!! We know everyone wants this and it’s ridiculous a “smart” device company has no sort of supported integrations with anything else (I’m 100% not counting IFTTT as a smart or valuable integration). Tired of all the “me too” emails, but would be interested to know if/when I should reconsider Wyze for smart home devices.

1 Like

Oooh… That would probably take custom work with the forum platform devs we work with. But having a setting where you only receive updates for forum staff posting would be interesting. :thinking:

6 Likes

I absolutely CONCUR!!
I can not over emphasize how massive a change in both my personal perspective and my ability to specify Wyze products for system integrations I design or for which I provide guidance. Having a clean integration with a partner such as SmartThings would radically increase the value and acceptance of Wyze products from a both a stability and redundancy perspective.

Relying on a component with no second source when designing and integrating a smart home system is both foolish and just plain bad practice. Given the number of smart home system manufacturers that have changed key aspects of their systems, dropped key integrations, or simply failed and closed their doors, an integrator must consider these key issues when designing any system. It is one of the key responsibilities of an integrator to provide a system that has both a mapped product lifeline, and plan for unexpected redundancies or failures. A key aspect to this is to specify systems that are not sole sourced.

Wyze has some excellent components priced at levels that can open the door to many use cases where the client is either working with tight budget constraints, or volume applications where single units costs are critical due to the size and scope of the project. However, I can not currently recommend nor can I currently specify Wyze due to the single source nature of their products and ecosystem. If Wyze provides a clean integration with other ecosystems or open source their specifications, these barriers would fall, providing a clear channel to inclusion in these opportunities.

I hope that the C-Suite of Wyze reads and considers these comments, as the scope of projects that this would open for Wyze is not to be underestimated. This step would put Wyze on solid footing to really start to dominate their market space.

3 Likes

Wish it would happen .
‘ researching’ since April .
Not holding my breath .

2 Likes

HomeKit has been in the researching stage much longer and we are still getting the same excuse that the cameras don’t work with it but they never mention any of the other products. I love Wyze but I wouldn’t hold your breath that Smartthings will come out much faster. I have both and voted for both integrations but I think Wyze is really trying to make their app the main controller of all Wyze products.

1 Like

Don’t forget to click the VOTE button at the very top of this thread people!

2 Likes

Please please pretty please!!!

Can’t wait for this :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

I’d be excited for this feature. I’m worried that IFTTT might raise prices on Wyze and thus result in a paid-subscription model, or dropped all together. Perhaps @UserCustomerGwen can say what happened with Smartlife won’t happen with Wyze as well.

Anybody find a non-ifttt integration that bridges Smartthings and Wyze, just in case?

I haven’t heard of anything like that happening. We’ll make sure to communicate if it does.

3 Likes

IFTTT is free, why would it increase the the prices at Wyze?

IFTTT is not free; Wyze likely pays for your connectivity with the service. See IFTTT’s pricing structure:

I’m not sure how much the “Contact us” stuff costs.

Nothing on the internet is free. If you are not paying for something on the internet, YOU (and your eyeballs) are the product.

2 Likes

That is wonderful to hear! I am definitely enjoying all of the great features in the Wyze app and will of course continue to use it for my Wyze specific devices, However, I just started using the new SmartThings app after moving from classic and am really enjoying the integration from all the services so that I can control everything in my SmartThings app too. This makes having a smart-home much more convenient and efficient the access all my devices in one app for quick control.
I will not hesitate to recommend Wyze to my friends or purchase more Wyze device s myself with SmartThings integration included!

Is there a clear timeframe for when we might see the integration with SmartThings in place?

Thank you for your time and help.

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have an ETA at this point but I know it’s still in discussion. Glad you’re enjoying your Wyze products and SmartThings experience! :slight_smile:

3 Likes