SmartThings Integration

So, with all of the recent news about Matter being released to the public, do any Wyze products support the Matter standard yet?

no

I was looking at expanding my home automation/sensing, and considering the Wyze Sense Hub. But after doing more research I’m getting anxious about building out too many wyze things without more open integration like with Smart Things. :man_shrugging:

If you are looking to radically increase your options, then I highly recommend implementing HomeAssistant,
Others, above have recommended Hubitat, can’t speak to it as I have not implemented, but I can highly recommend HomeAssistant.
The ability to tightly integrate, local control, the ability to work with cloud based systems (Wyze, etc.) takes home automation to a whole new level.

Do not let anyone scare you off with the “it’s too complicated” arguements, Home Assistant is now a plug and play solution to 90% of smart home devices.

2 Likes

Seconded, especially with HA supporting Wyze (to a limited degree) now:

1 Like

Any updates?? This has been a request for four years now! Not sure, why Wyze would not want to work with Samsung and introduce the great products Wyze has to Samsung environment.

Several. The updates summary is basically that they are hoping Matter integration will allow users to integrate with 3rd party ecosystems better, including SmartThings, HomeKit, and any others that do the same.

Keep in mind that while this may have been a “request” for over 4 years now, Wyze already responded and labeled the request as “maybe later” and “probably not” and let people know this whole time to expect it isn’t going to happen. So they were pretty upfront about it. Having said that, if they become matter compliant, then a lot of those Matter-compliant devices should be able to work in SmartThings finally since SmartThings is also supporting Matter. But Matter is still REALLY new and early reviews say it is still kind of buggy and not yet extremely simple to use. Hopefully a lot of that gets worked out by the Matter co-op this year.

not ever going to happen

For now I’d just say the answer is “No direct integration planned for SmartThings, but hoping Matter standard would bring possibilities SmartThings to be able to see Wyze products via matter”
Which means you can forget it’s going to happen with efforts from Wyze or SmartThings

Yes Please. I need Smartthings integrations for Wyze cameras.

1 Like

From what I read several years ago… they were working on Smart Things at that time. So… years later, they should be masters!!

Regarding Matter, they have also been working on that for over a year. So they will probably be just as good with Matter as they are with Smart Things…

So that means, they will have zero support, and they will just keep talking about potential support in the future for the next several years…

Let’s stop talking about future support for cameras because current Matter camera support can’t happen until the requirements get finalized… because that’s actually a valid argument.

Let’s focus on the Matter standards that are already complete. Why doesn’t Wyze have any Matter compliant items for those categories???

3 Likes

This is the only thing keeping me from buying more Wyze products.

5 Likes

but…matter… :rofl:

2 Likes

This is the exact reason I lost hope on them, they’ve become an ambitious company whose mission is to expand and profit with as many products as possible, rather than being what they were years ago.

Their products would still be reasonably priced. But they no longer listen to their customers (maybe still they do, but the number is huge now that they can no longer listen carefully).

Matter comparability is another example of not listening. Like you said there’s many devices they can start with right now that are comparable. But they choose not to, for what? Waiting for camera standard to come out???

1 Like

This thread is old but would love to have Wyze work with smartthings.

2 Likes

Connect to Samsung smart home apps (Matter!)

I wish I could connect to my Wyze devices through the Samsung apps. Get bulbs and locks through SmartThings. Get the scale measurement in Samsung Health. Hey, it works with Google Fit.
These days, smart home apps need to play along.
What’s the MATTER?

[Mod Edit] Merged with the existing Smartthings wishlist topic, also check out the Support Matter Protocol wishlist topic. Give each a vote in support!

2 Likes

Looking to add more cameras. Was hoping Wyze had integrated with SmartThings by now. Sadly, I’ll need to move forward with another brand. :frowning:

1 Like

They blew us off way back when it made sense. Now we have to wait for Matter integration - which will no doubt be a long way off. I’ve given up on Wyze for most things - they are just not customer oriented.

That would be nice. I’m pretty po’d because I purchased three Wyze cams only to find out there is no Wyze app for Roku. And only to find out Wyze bought out Wyze and are just repackaging these cams as “Roku” cams and not allowing “Wyze” cams to connect to Roku tv. This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

When I saw the Roku camera at WalMart, I spent some time with it before returning it.

Wyze and Roku are two different companies. Both source their cameras from the same manufacturer. The Wyze v3 and the Roku use the exact same hardware. The apps are identical in form and function with only Wyze and Roku branding changed. The Roku camera uses different firmware than the Wyze v3. The Roku app has the same landscape issues that the Wyze app does. The Roku camera cannot be added to the Wyze app, and vice versa. I know, I tried.

So why would Wyze have a Roku app?

Your statement “Wyze bought out Wyze” makes no sense. Perhaps you meant Roku bought out Wyze which is not true. There are many posts here mentioning the Wyze/Roku cameras.