Smart Vision Open Beta Feedbacks Thread

I can only add smart vision to two of my three v2 cameras. And none of my v3 cameras show options to add smart vision. App version is 2.37.0 (12). v2 cameras are on 4.28.4.49. v3 cameras are on 4.36.10.2864. Log is 808337.

I’ll second this. I have only 2 v2 cameras, the rest are outdoor, cam pan v1/v2, and v3s. Why is it limited to only Cam v2 ?

When they started developing this, the outdoor camera and v3 were not announced. They’ll add more cameras when the beta testing is done.

1 Like

What version camera does smart vision support? I have conflicting information from WYZE on this question.

Cam v2 only… 1st post in this topic:

1 Like

I saw that. However, that was posted a few weeks back. There is information on the WYZE help site that contradicts that post and WYZE employees have stated that V2 and V3 are supported. So thank you for the cut and paste.

As @Seapup indicated, only the Wyze Cam V2 Camera is supported with Smart Vision at this time. It may change in the future, but not currently.

I just verified this with my current App as it was open to anybody registered as a beta tester.

The V3 reference is incorrect at this time.

3 Likes

Hi c1954ritchey, could you submit a log and share me the log number?

Thank you, slimfast52! I am glad you are feeling better:) We will look into it!

1 Like

It was this one.### 810601

2 Likes

Hi m.w.hayes70! Thank you for the great feedback! I have shared your comment to our tech team:)
For the time out issue: were you capturing photos from live view, or past event? Could you submit a log by going to your Account → Wyze Support → Submit a Log → Wyze Cam v2, and share me your log number? Which platform do you use, Android, or iOS?

Hi fbdunavant, I am reaching out to learn a little bit more about the timeout issue you mentioned since more users have brought it up, too. Were you trying to capture photo for the beginning label, or the second label, when you see the time out? Were you trying to capture photo from live view, or past events, if you remember? What was the message when you were experiencing the “time out”? I know it’s been a little while. Thank you if you can still recall the details:)

Hi there! This is Mengting from Wyze. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I would love to take the time and thank everyone of you for testing the Smart Vision v0.2!:tada::maple_leaf:

Our team is absolutely blown away by the testing progress that you made possible. In the past three weeks, we have seen 335 skills created and 500+ valuable feedbacks shared with us across different channels. We have collected 10+ bugs to be fixed and a lot of great ideas for next iterations…

While collecting feedbacks from you, our team is working hard to prioritize some of the blocking issues and to get them troubleshooted and fixed. So! I am back with some great updates and progress!

Fixed (The fixes will be merged into 2.38 release):

1. (Android) App white screen issue when taking photos from past events

2. (Android) Next button covers screen

3. (iOS) Delete and Edit icon are not set up properly

4. (iOS) Smart Vision icon looks the same as Service icon

5. (iOS) In create label page, detection Zone boxes have different sizes in the guiding illustration

Investigating:

1. (Android) Can’t establish connection when taking photos with live view

2. (iOS) Detection zone cannot be moved

3. Camera timeout when capturing photos (need more information)

4. Notification and no tags issue (need more information)

a. Notifications are tricky, as they can be caused by various of issues. When you report notification issues, can you first check: if there’s right tags for the events in the first place?

b. If there’s tags, but not notifications, could you raise a log and describe what notifications are you hoping to get but not getting?

Other known issues:

1. Support Cam v3

a. We will be supporting Cam v3, timeline to be updated soon.

1. Help link doesn’t work:

a. Other team is working on the issue now

1. Cameras not listed:

a. Not meeting the Smart Vision pre-requisites. Please check the testing manual.

1. (Android) Captured photos are saved to camera roll instead of specific album.

2. Enable button before train button which causes some confusions. We have made some design changes to the next version.

Best practices if spotting an issue:

1. Check on forum & testing manual to see ongoing discussions and if any solutions

2. Share the experience of what steps lead to the issue, platform you are using, and expected results

3. Submit a log and share back the log number:

a. To submit a log: Wyze Beta App ->Account → Wyze Support → Submit a Log → Wyze Cam v2 (since currently we only support Cam v2).

Last but not least, please expect the feedback Survey at the beginning of December. Happy Thanksgiving and have a great holiday! :heart:

Sincerely,
Mengting Hu

5 Likes

@WyzeMengtingHu

This is great feedback on updated information. I really appreciate the time you are spending here and the quality of information you provide.

Have a Great Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

When a user clicks on the “I don’t see my camera” prompt above the “Next” button, they are provided a page that tells them that WYZE Cam v2 and v3 are supported.

Hopefully that means V3’s will be supported soon! I am excited to have it available on more than just V2 cams.

I know the Product Manager in charge of this feature has told us that currently it only available for V2’s, They should definitely update this FAQ to reduce confusion. I confirmed the FAQ currently says that too. Thanks for pointing it out.

3 Likes

Mine is set up and occasionally ill see a yellow tag for it but havent gotten any notification

I’ve had this setup for over 2 weeks now I think, and do not get any notifications at all.

Clearly there are still problems. I have Smart Vision setup for open and closed for my garage door. I do not receive notifications, and when I check event listings for yellow tags, at least half the time that there is an event, there is no yellow tags. For the events that do have yellow tags half of the time the video is tagged as dorr open when the door is actually closed, and vice versa.
Another user stated that V3’s are listed in FAQ’s as eligible for Smart Vision. I searched for that and don’t see it anywhere. I wish it was since I only have 1 V2 that I’m still using.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this! We will get this page fixed - for the beta test, currently we only support Cam v2, but we are working on adding v3 and more devices at the meantime.

1 Like