Wyze support for Siri Shortcuts

I’ve added your vote too.

5 Likes

I second both of these requests. Please add my vote to each.

2 Likes

I’ve added your requests to the tracker.

2 Likes

Siri Shortcuts would be awesome.

4 Likes

I’ve moved this post about Siri Shortcuts over to the Wishlist so you can now VOTE for it using the button at the top of this page.

The comments regarding Homekit Integration have been moved here:

You can VOTE for Homekit Integration there separately.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Wyze shortcuts on iOS widget screen

Title says it all, I think many of us would love to be able to use iOS shortcuts app to work with Wyze.
Some ideas for URL’s are:

• Open to a specific camera.
  • Rotate Wyze pan with custom intervals
  • Check when last detection was.

Comment more ideas down below for URLs.

5 Likes

I emailed wyze asking if they thought about adding Siri shortcuts integration that was introduced in the latest iOS 12 update, I think that it would work really well for the shortcut users and wyze consumers to have this integration. Any one else here use the shortcuts and and have any input?

5 Likes

Hey! “Open Wyze” already works!

:grin:

I want deeper integration then that because I also have that already set up, I wish we could be able to open a exact camera when she asked.

1 Like

A quick implementation could be to just expose the app’s shortcuts to Siri shortcuts. For example I have one called “arm the house” in the Wyze app which turns on all the cameras and detections/notifications. So just expose this to Siri so I can tell Siri to arm the house instead.

IFTTT can do this as of now.

True, as can the hack I’m using with homebridge, but this is a thread asking for native support so that we don’t have to keep layering on hacks on top of hacks…

3 Likes

Yes everyone wants it but homekit support is not one of their prioritys, so you use the “hacks” to work around it.

You might be in the wrong thread, this one is about siri shortcuts not HomeKit. I have no doubts that HomeKit will probably never materialize, but exposing app actions to Siri shortcuts should be well within their ability and much simpler to do.

You’re Right, I’m an iOS developer and Siri shortcuts integration is not hard all you need is to implement SiriKit.

4 Likes

i would like to have a siri shortcut for turn motion off camera 1 for instance. i have an ifttt that turns on cam1 motion when i leave but there are dogs that move around and sometimes a person is still at the house. i have a widget to quickly do it from ifttt but no way to speak my request when i’m driving and the notifications are going off left and right…

Can you elaborate please? I have no idea how to implement what you are describing.

@fabulous

You can’t implement it. Wyze would have to do that in the app.

What you can do is set up shortcuts in the Wyze app to perform various functions. See this:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292&?section=settings-shortcuts

What @VdotN is suggesting is to make any Wyze shortcuts that a user has set up available to Apple’s iOS Siri Shortcuts:

1 Like

How are you getting this to work? When I ask, Siri thinks I’m saying WiFi, waze or wise. Please help, thanks.