Since firmware update to 4.9.6.156 mirco SD card not recognized correctly

Since I updated to firmware 4.9.6.156 (just today) my sandisk 32GB micro SD card is no longer working when going into the app it says the card has 0MB/0MB available show as if there is a card there yet it will not format the card, says card not found, won’t eject the card says card not found. So, I powered it down tried it in another v2 camera that was just update to same firmware, but didn’t have an SD card, same thing. Tried to view SD card in computer, computer will now not recognize it. Should I have pulled the SD card before the firmware update. Looks like the card is now corrupted. It had been working up until the firmware update.

I have the same problem. Cameras moving after detection zone have been set. Upgrade is causing a ton of headaches!

I also have the same problem (I also have a 32G micro sd). Camera stopped recording today @ about 1pm local time. I noticed this evening a pending fw update to v4.9.6.156 at 7pm pdt. All hours from 1pm till 7pm where empty (no recording). I removed the micro-sd, formatted it, placed it back in. I completed the fw update, now I seem to be recording. It’s as if the pending fw update blocked recording.

That’s great you got it working, unfortunately, my SD card is now corrupt, I can’t even format the SD on a PC or Mac, or in the camera.

Regards,

Brian Montney

Brian,

My cameras seem to be working. It took 24 hours to get them back up and running, just not like they were before the upgrade.
Bill Freeman

make sure you guys use high endurance cards. @blmontne sadly general sandisk card are not made for this and this could be a case of general corruption, ( the sandisk warranty is void in uses like cameras like this for that reason)

I have high endurance cards in all my cameras and have had no issues with the update.

After the last upgrade, two of my three cameras are having SD card issues, not recording (even though set to continuous. Viewing the card on my PC the recordings stopped right after I applied the update, even though all recordings are set to be recorded locally.

What do you classify as high endurance. Sandisk ultras are what I use in my DSLR and video camera and I never had problems with them before.

Example of High Endurance card. I’ve had excellent results since I started using these almost a year ago.

2 Likes

that is not a high endurance card. they are great for taking pictures but I would bet the farm that the warranty from sandisk on that card would be voided by use in our cameras.

this is a sandisk high endurance and being high endurance is made for video recording.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Endurance-microSDXC-Adapter-Monitoring/dp/B07NY23WBG

1 Like

Okay thanks, I’ll get some on order.

Regards,

Brian Montney

2 Likes

glad we could help in some small way.

1 Like

I have one working and one not. They are even Wyze cards! They need to fix this fast.