Shipping Charges

Hi! I’m the most likely Wyze employee that you’ll run into. I spend a lot of time here and in our Facebook groups. I do take this feedback to the team and we are looking into ways to improve our shipping.

We separated out the costs originally so that we could be more transparent with the shipping/handling/processing charges and give savings back with bundled orders. It allows us to have a nonlinear pricing structure. Bundling the shipping into the cost of the camera is going to likely be the only way we can offer “free shipping” though we understand that this would be preferable for many people and it is in discussion. We wouldn’t be able to do this without bundling the price because we would then be taking a loss on each product sold (due to us selling close to cost).

2 Likes

I didn’t expect free shipping. I was suggesting something like $3.95 or $4.95 fixed with anything over $25 or $30 free. I don’t like shipping charges getting more when I buy more. I would like it on Amazon Prime like your camera and bulbs. I don’t care that it costs more than the list price. I like 2 days shipping and no hassle returns.

1 Like

Yeah, that may require increasing the cost of all of our products to offset it. I will share your request with the team. :slight_smile:

I personally like the way your price structure is now. If I want faster shipping, I will pay to get it from Amazon, or Home Depot. I like the option of bundling items together and getting reduced shipping for a larger order. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! If we do make a change, it will be carefully considered first. This has been an ongoing discussion in the company because there is strong support for both sides.

2 Likes

You say you don’t expect free shipping, then say you want anything over $25-30 dollars to have free shipping?

In response to your other comment, about Wyze focusing on the customer, they are. Their focus is on selling high volumes at low profit, getting the consumers the best deal possible. Their slogan is “Democratize Technology”. They are playing with the big boys and beating them. Amazon’s own Ring brand has a camera, comparable to the $20 V2 cam, selling at $60 each, plus $3 per month per device for viewing recordings. They also sell contact and motion sensors 2 for $40, and 2 for $60($200 hub required); compare that to 4 for 20 and 1 for $6 from Wyze. But Ring has free shipping, so is that better in your eyes?

I know your camera is better than Ring, I bought it. I love the Wyse sense stuff and its implementation, I just bought (4) more Motion Sensors. I am not against paying a fair price or even a little more if it means I have a better experience. I’m not sure how selling on Amazon works with how much you have to give them, and it may not work for Wyze, but if I could buy all the Wyze products on Amazon Prime, I would be tickled and we would not be having this discussion. It’s not just the ease of Prime buying and shipping that I like , it’s also the no hassle returns. I buy more stuff, and that would be your products too, because if I know if got it wrong (and I don’t most of the time), I can return it.
I don’t know why this discussion ever got to be about Wyze products not being a good deal.

–Larry

Virus-free. www.avg.com

I’m by no means a Wyze rep, just another consumer. And I believe Wyze products sold through amazon are done by a third party, not by Wyze themselves.

The camera I bought on Amazon Prime (back in May, still same price) said that Wyze Labs was the supplier. I paid $26 and got 2-3 day shipping. Purchasing it directly from Wyze would have been $20 +$6 shipping = $26 total with 4-7 days shipping. I’m surprised that purchasing from Wyze was not less, and I certainly don’t understand why that would be. I didn’t even check Wyze directly for the camera because I saw it on Prime for oly $6 over list so I just went for it. The camera arrived 2 days later. Somehow it seems to me that Wyze can look at this transaction and learn something from it. Notice that I bought the camera back then as an impulse purchase (if I wasn’t happy I could return it ) and Wyze got a sale. After buying the camera, I have since bought (8) light bulbs, the Sense Starter Kit and (4) more Motion Sensors. Wyze got me as a customer only because it was a no-hassle purchase through Amazon Prime.
–Larry

Virus-free. www.avg.com

1 Like

So the products sold on Amazon have the same shipping and handling fees as the products sold on this site. Actually more. If you buy a V2 on Amazon with Prime, it costs you $25.98. If you buy the camera here on the Wyze site, it costs 19.99 + 5.99 shipping or $25.98.

If you buy additional cameras on Wyze.com then the shipping rate per camera decreases. Four cameras ship for $12.06 on this site. On Amazon.com, you’ll pay $25.98 per camera with your free shipping. You’re not saving money or even getting free shipping by shopping on Amazon. You just get it in two days instead of 4-7.

2 Likes

The camera cost from Wyze is less, because you failed to account for your Amazon Prime membership when calculating the cost of purchasing from Amazon…

Not everyone has Prime, which is why Wyze still has direct sales.

1 Like

I repeat-- I am not trying to save money. I am suggesting that Wyze come up with an easy model that makes it trivial to order from you. Amazon has come up with a model that works for them. The model for Wyze will be different because of your size. I for one would be happy with a fixed shipping charge ($X) on all orders, but I would expect that at a certain amount ($Y) Wyze would eat the shipping because I’m buying enough to justify it. I have seen X be between $4 and $7, which seems OK. I have seen Y be $25, $50 and $100.
I don’t care what model you need, just make it easier.

I can’t believe this became such a big issue. It originally thought that someone at Wyze should think about it and I gave a suggestion. I never said that Wyze products were not great values or that I wanted to save money. I was just suggesting something that I thought might increase Wyze’s sales and revenue.

–Larry

Wyze did come up with an easy model that makes it trivial to order. They sell through Amazon, just like countless other companies both small and large.

10-4
Problem is that not all products are on Amazon, especially the new ones like the Motion Sensors.

–Larry

That is a big difference!
I was complaining about my purchase of some more motion sensors which, as you pointed out are not on Amazon. I was thinking about getting 2 but I noticed there was a pretty stiff shipping charge. I then looked at shipping for 3 and looked less per unit, and then I checked qty 4. I do like playing games and solving puzzles so I made little table (as opposed to a spreadsheet) and found that for me, buying 4 looked best. This time it was kind of a fun game, but next time, I’m not so sure I’ll think it’s so fun.

I too, have bought larger quantities that were available from two sources like you did, and I can see that when you saw a $20 difference, it was a no-brainer. Since I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon, and small qty purchases are free I do that a lot and then, of course, I get irritated with companies with shipping charges that vary with quantity. The companies, like Wyze, need to make a profit and I see this is a way to do that, it just irritates me. Your bill would clearly be above a $100 mark where it seems Wyze could offer free shipping, or at least a fixed charge (if they have a good relationship with a shipper) and then you could compare final costs with Amazon w/o first entering them in at Wyze. Of course you will probably find Wyze is a better deal and have to enter in the order anyway. My parts came USPS so maybe they are stuck with them.

My point is that I’m just wanting it to be easier for me to buy from Wyze. I’m willing to pay a little extra to get it from Amazon and get it in 2 days. On bigger orders I will save the $10 or $20 and order it from Wyze.

Thanks for your response,

Larry

Thank you very much for your response, it is very helpful,
Larry

The biggest problem I see with motion sensors on Amazon is the return policy. You would have people buying them with no Wyze camera or sensor bridge, then returning them as defective. Amazon would give a full refund, and then ding the seller. Not every tech product is a good fit for a marketplace where your can’t control the returns and support.

4 Likes

I think the shipping charges are too high, I think Wyze is making big bucks from their shipping charges. Plus I ordered two items from 29th September and up to now they have not arrived so I’m paying $9.00 for $35.00 (25% of the cost)worth of items that haven’t reached me after 12 days and counting

1 Like

Charging for processing, handling, and shipping is often how low margin companies make their money. Even Amazon pads the price of Prime items over the same item that isn’t available with Prime. Nothing is really free in this world.

4 Likes

Go to a ups with the items without a shipping box and see what they charge you to pack and ship the items.

2 Likes