Set device time zones, update from time server

Just stop the message. Ill sync time when i want to. Thats all i ask.

Another option is to take the time from whatever router it connects to. Those all have somewhat robust sync time/dst handling built in

Bear in mind there are several timezones in the US.

That msg prompt is a huge pain because it comes up for every camera i access,

It’s worse than that.
It asks you on every device you access them with for every camera, regardless of whether you already told it not to ask.

Surprised how few people have voted for this to be fixed. I guess most users aren’t bothered about accurate time stamps.

So Wyze Cam isn’t suitable for people who travel.

Its not even just about traveling, which is limited duration at least. I have cameras in CA and HI (both locations in Wyze’s service zone) that I check on every day. And every camera i switch to / back to gets the popup. And the “dont ask me for 7 days” checkbox doesnt help because when you check the box and click cancel it doesnt remember the selection…it only remembers it if you select ‘sync time’ which exactly what i dont want to do.

Just disable the message in the next patch. It’s a reminder that serves little to no purpose to everyone and is a pita to those who dont want it

Then Wyze can decide at their leisure the best way to handle it in the longer term which may involve adding some smart functionality.

But for now, just disable/suppress it, which should be a trivial thing to do.

1 Like

I agree, disabling the message would be a big step forward.

They could just change the option to don’t ask again rather than 7 days.

Not sure anyone from Wyze is even looking at this anymore.

1 Like

It’d be great if all the cameras synced up automatically. Right now you have to do it one by one and they are never actually synced up, there’s always between 2-10sec difference between each camera.

Wyze cam V1, V2, and Pan.

There’s no way they’re going to make them sync properly. If you want accurate time stamps avoid wyze cams.

I came specifically looking for this feature since having an accurate timestamp is very important. Currently my camera is wrong by half an hour all the time, even if I sync it from my phone. My timezone is UTC + 9:30 (CAST).

I travel around the world and when I am in a different time zone I get asked to sync the time. I don’t want it to sync the time. I want the time to be always the local time of the device not my location time. This is aggravating and if I cancel to not change time I keep getting asked every time I open the app. Please make this a preference not a question upon viewing a camera. I have a house in Florida and house in Illinois. My brain cannot do the flip flops and i really want the local time of camera… I can do my own math as to time zone where I am at.

3 Likes

I just ran into this issue for the first time. I was presented with a “cancel” or “set” (time) and a “remember my choice for 7 days” checkbox.

Since I’m in a different time zone, I opted to “cancel” the change of time on my camera and also to remember my choice for 7 days. BUT now I cannot access any of the recordings on my camera.

I can see the live feed, but nothing else…not even past days videos.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a fix? I’ve getting alerts for “people” in my driveway, but cannot view the recordings!?

Your wasting your time with this one. Loads of people have complained about this but the people at wyze don’t care. They will never sort this out.

1 Like

Thanks…I’d read that the prompt is always there, but I didn’t see any mention of not being able to view events after the prompt.

The recording gaps are probably due to the server issues they had yesterday.

The phone synch feature is only for display purposes, all internal times are in the UTC format. At least this is what I think is the setup. So even though the phones switch time zones, the internal timestamps are not affected. This is why they use UTC. It avoids the kind of problems you describe.

Create an optional time zone setting. I would like the camera to remain on it’s location time zone when I travel so that the event times make sense without having to calculate the time zone difference. ie. camera is in California and I am in Europe. Events should remain time stamped California time.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I have asked for same thing

The “sync time setting?” prompt for each camera, once a week, is so damned annoying. I can’t believe that Wyze hasn’t fixed this already. It makes me wonder if anyone on the design team ever travels and uses the products.

Equally annoying, and anxiety producing, is how the time quoted in Notifications represent the time from your phone, not the camera. This is completely unhelpful (and misleading) — I want to know the time the motion occurred at the location where the camera is. Again, does anyone from Wyze ever travel?

Totally with you. I travel the world and this blows my mind. It really, really is annoying.

1 Like

I have updated the title of this topic to reflect that this should apply to all Wyze devices, not just cameras

Any news on when / If this will be resolved.
I understand from your previous post that wyzecam is only supported in the USA but there are 9 time zones in the USA so this is a problem in the supposedly supported area
How hard would it be to add the response to don’t ask again rather than ask in 7 days.

Sorry, I’ve not heard anything on this. If the “maybe-later” tag changes to “researching”, then we’ll know that Wyze is actively working on it.

1 Like