[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

12/19/20 7:49 PM PT - Our metrics and community reports tell us that this outage has now been resolved. Thanks for your patience during this time and sorry for the trouble. If you still have difficulty with your Wyze devices, please contact our Wyze Customer Support.

12/19/20 7:22 PM PT - Our metrics are looking much better and messages are moving through the system properly. We’re going to keep watching for a while to make sure that everything is stable before we call this cleared. Thank you.

12/19/20 5:50 PM PT - The engineers are still hard at work on this one. We know that there’s been improvement for many people but not everyone and some folks are still experiencing delays. Thank you for your patience.

12/19/20 1:00 PM PT - We are continuing to work through the backlog and some customers are reporting normal function again. During this time, you may receive multiple notifications for the same Event or delayed notifications from Events that occurred during the outage. Thank you for your patience.

12/19/20 11:33 AM PT - We have identified and repaired the root cause but need to work through the backlog. We currently expect this to take a few hours but are looking into ways to improve that estimate.

12/19/20 11:00 AM PT - We do not have an update at this time but are continuing to work to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

12/19/20 10:00 AM PT - We have identified an issue with our system not processing device online/offline status correctly and are looking into it. Schedule and Trigger Rules and notifications may be impacted at this time although the devices may otherwise function as expected through the Wyze app. We apologize for the inconvenience and will resolve this as soon as we can.

7 Likes

My closet Sensor is failing to show when the door is opened & fails to turn on the closet light.

1 Like

Thank you! I had a feeling something was going on!!!

1 Like

It’s a bit ridiculous

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, @Emperor3! We apologize.

@Stiv, you’re welcome! Sorry for the trouble.

Not very reassuring for a company about to begin paid home monitoring service. This kind of problem seems to repeat with Wyze. I think I may be finished with your products. Too much effort on releasing new products, not enough spent on making current ones work well.

15 Likes

We’re sorry and we understand where you’re coming from. There are different teams working on launches versus the ongoing support. We’ve been making infrastructure changes to reduce the likelihood of issues like this happening and we hope to earn your trust back later.

1 Like

12/19/20 11:00 AM PT - We do not have an update at this time but are continuing to work to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

For me, there have been too many missteps by Wyze. Sensors that fail permanently due to low batteries, minimal RTSP support, multiple downtimes for your servers, many due to mistakes made during updates. You may have different teams for new products vs. support, but, in my opinion, you need to increase and improve your support teams.

13 Likes

All my contact sensors and motion detectors started failing last night at around 2:00 a.m… DST

No notifications of open closed status, (Although while I was at work today I started receiving multiple notifications of the same event that happened six or eight hours earlier I received 15 or 16 notifications that I closed my front door last night, but I didn’t get those notifications until 10:00 this morning), and no firing of automations or alexa routines

Wildly frustrating.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I will share it with the team. I can say that the depleted battery issue is resolved in Wyze Sense v2.

Ouch. We’re sorry, Todd. That does sound super frustrating. Thank you for letting us know.

Notifications not opening the app here. Flashes the logo then closes.

It’s a little disappointing to think I’m going to have to replace 20 sensors/detectors in order to finally, (maybe), have a robust reliable system…

I really do like most of WYZE’s products… The cameras are fine, (I’ve got 13 of them now) :nerd_face:…especially the new v3’s (I just wish they had PIR detectors then they’d be absolutely perfect), The scale is terrific… (Quite possibly the best bang for the buck product WYZE offers) The headphones are spectacular. (second best bang for the buck product)

But, (And you just knew there was going to be a “but”), :wink: The sensors, and the bulbs, have been a major disappointment… (I’ve recently replaced my WYZE bulbs with new RGB Wi-Fi hubless bulbs that connected seamlessly, stay connected, and were actually cheaper)
… And I’ve got the video doorbell and the new watch on pre-order, looking forward to checking them out…

I’m just not sure what I’m going to do about all the WYZE Sense contact sensors and motion detectors that I’m currently using to trigger so many automations and routines… I’ve had to replace 4 of the 22 I have installed, and another 2 seem to have also failed, and they’re all out of warranty…

Do I take another chance with the version 2 and yet another bridge system, Or cut my losses, and move on to something else, I just don’t know.

But it helps just to vent a little bit …and know someone is listening… and it’s nice to know I’m not the only other person in the country that had to work on Saturday. :sweat_smile:

Cheers, Todd K. Cape Cod, Mass

7 Likes

Yes I agree with you . Too many issues and if same thing happens with home monitoring system than it’s of no use of have it.

5 Likes

12/19/20 11:33 AM PT - We have identified and repaired the root cause but need to work through the backlog. We currently expect this to take a few hours but are looking into ways to improve that estimate.

1 Like

Wyze sensors are not showing if door is open or motion is detected or no. This has been very common now days that Wyze products has issues going on every month. I am just concerned or not able to trust the product. I am thinking of I should buy the new Home Monitoring System or no because if that fails than it’s of no use of having it .

2 Likes

CapeCodTodd, I agree with you about the scale, it is the best product (bang for buck) Wyze offers.
The worst are the CONTACT SENSORS, a close second is the Wyze bulb. I have never had a bulb that I did not have to “fight” to get installed. I have about 6 dead contact sensors, that I either missed the battery replacement window, or just went bad. I am so mad at myself for purchasing that robotic vacuum cleaner, I should have waited till others “beta” tested it. I have not bought a V3 camera yet, supposedly one will come free with the robotic vacuum cleaner. I cannot buy replacement contact sensors, and I really need 1 now. Please help us Wyze! I am tired of being a beta tester (and I am not part of the beta program). And by the way, my two Wyze motion sensors tied to Wyze bulbs are not working either (like others are complaining about)!

3 Likes

Further down the list, you mention that the dead sensor via battery depletion has been resolved in the sensors v2. What is the v2 sensor and will they replace the original ones of which I have numerous???

5 Likes