Separate IFTT integration from cloud recording

does the iftt notifications service go to a different destination IP or hostname than the AWS cloud recordings? I’m fairly privacy conscious, and dislike the idea of any recordings of my home stored in a cloud service, but really like the idea of using the IFTT + Wyze Sense + Noonlight integration for a home alarm system/notifications of fire alarms going off. I know for example person-detection runs on-device, so does anyone know if this is possible? I have a fairly robust home network setup that allows for DPI based firewall rules to reroute traffic if necessary, and honestly, I’d just use an always-on VPN to use the app rather than route through AWS.

I can only say I assume the IFTTT notifications service go to a different destination IP or hostname than the AWS cloud recordings, as they are different companies.

However, I think you should probably be thinking much bigger than that if you are really interested in privacy. VPNs don’t change logons. DPI doesn’t alter “trusted” connections, like Google. If you are on a mobile device (you have Android?), privacy is fleeting. In many cases the OS won’t run without you giving up what you do to the originator of the OS.

Nope, and I’m working on fixing some of that- but for starters, not sending videos of my home to a 3rd party is a start