Sensor automation not working

I rebooted my V2 camera with Bridge this morning, pull the battery from the motion detector, then everything came online…

My contacts sensors the back line as well.

Nope! Not resolved! Triggers/rules not working and a twist, now my Wyze Outdoor Cam says it’s offline.

Wyze’s history of poor support and several adverse reviews caused me to reconsider and cancel my pre-order of two V.3 cameras.

This most recent event of sensor failure, like those we have previously endured, has been way too frustrating and time consuming; wasted.

I really wish Wyze would invest more time bolstering the reliability of their existing devices and support response protocols rather than introducing new products which current Wyze customers will be hesitant to purchase and will stretch customer support even further.

These type of failures occur too frequently and should be the focus of their attention until such time they can be addressed responsibly and professionally. Such is not currently the case.

After-sales reliability and customer support will be my guide as it pertains to future purchases of Wyze products. These attributes will have to improve considerably before I lift my self-imposed buying moratorium of anything Wyze.

3 Likes

Same here nothing new or resolved yet

2 Likes

My entry foyer lamp is turned on by the front door contact sensor. That is now working, fine, but the light no longer turns off after the door has been closed for 10 minutes.

I was having a problem with a rule controlling a hall light, it would turn ON with a door opening, but not turn OFF when the door was closed. So I deleted the rule and then created a new one. It works fine now.

This seems to be a common complaint. I am experiencing the same issue; lights won’t turn off as prescribed by the rule(s).

I had to delete my outdoor cam and outdoor base and reinstall them both to get them back.

I do not wish to delete and recreate my rules, especially since this mess is caused by Wyze in the first place.

Door sensor showing offline but is functioning normally with notification and automation. So far

All of my “active” do this when that happens work. The triggers that aren’t working appear to be those that rely on a timer. Turn light off after 5 minutes of closed or clear. One of those appeared to work this morning but I have about 3-4 of those rules that need to run throughout the day to maintain my smart light energy saving strategy.

How is this still a problem Wyze? Why does it seem that the coding on Wyze Sense is always glitchy and full of holes? If it isn’t bricked sensors, then it’s sensors that are subject to outages due to AWS issues. I think you need to strongly consider providing a steep discount to current Wyze Sense owners to purchase the new V2. It’s not that I know that those are more reliable as I have seen no evidence, but I have to hope that you hired better programmers in the meantime and they possibly did the job correctly.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen any updates before Christmas?

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen could we get an update with a test when this going to be fixed?

All my sensors seem to be working today. I only have a couple of motion sensors and 3 contact sensors. One contact sensor on the powder room door that turns the light on and off.

I’m having an issue with at least one of my contact sensors still. It’s on my pantry door and when it opens it’s supposed to turn on my Wyze bulb and off when the sensor closes via Rules. If I open my app to view the sensor working it works fine. If I close that app and wait awhile, like 10 minutes or so, it stops working until I open the app again. Very strange.

I just spoke to support and I was the 9th person she’d had today with this problem. My contact sensors work fine, but motion sensors don’t. They turn stuff on, but they don’t turn them off. I sent logs and just get to wait. The day we get a hub with v2 sense will be a glorious day!

1 Like

Nothing…are they aware of the issue?

1 Like

Did my own testing, what I noticed that any automations to do with time does not work properly. For example:

a.) Automations that only happens from 7:00am to 9:00pm.
b.) Automation with motion sensor that waits for the sensor to be clear for XXX minutes.

However, somehow it works if it’s only a single time input, like turning lights at 6:00am daily or turning off notification at 5:00am daily.

My temporary fix is to disable the time part. Hope Wyze team fixes this soon.

1 Like

I can’t believe that Wyze has not responded to this yet.

1 Like

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us Top of page alert

1 Like

My sensors are working but I’m not getting notifications of they are left open for a period of time

I set a Rule for a light to turn on and turn off 3 minutes after. Can confirm it worked. Can also confirm my bulb group in the basement turned off after my Rule set for motion sensor being cleared for 5 minutes.

I too work with AWS and Azure, and feel the same as you. There may be something else going on.

I have been using Wyze for more than a year now, and in general have been happy. But these service interruptions, proves to be an issue when you are expecting notifications and triggers to occur when expected or needed. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I am also hoping the new Wyze Sense will do some local processing and not depend on the cloud for everything. Similar to what Hubitat does.

1 Like