Samsung A20 vs iPhone

I have no idea about how to ask but is the Samsung A20 compatible with Wyze app. I did a comparison between that and the iPhone 6S (yes you can tell how old the iphone is). The A20 had 6 Gig of free space. The iPhone had less than 1 gig yet the iphone loaded the cams in less than 10 seconds and the A20 never did and I got a time out. Please advise or should I just stick with the iphone for the app. I’m really so dense it’s embarrassing at times.

I’m not biased towards Android or Apple iOS… I have both. An iPhone 6S, while old, is/was considered high-end/performance. A Samsung A20 is considered low-mid performance. Your A20 is compatible with the Wyze app, but compared to your 6S, the A20 can’t keep up with regards to video performance. If you want equal performance from a Samsung, you’d have to upgrade to an S series phone.

2 Likes

In the Wyze app go to Account, App Settings, Enable Hardware Decoder. That made a world of difference on my old Android.

2 Likes

Like @Seapup I use both iOS and Android daily, and his reply is spot on.

We have an even older iPhone 5S being used as a WiFi viewer for the Wyze cams and it runs as just smooth our Samsung A50.

And like @Customer says, turning on hardware decoding makes a big difference in most Android devices.

1 Like

Still not loading the cams. Been hanging trying to load for 12 minutes whereas the iPhone loaded right away.

Getting a new iPhone today so I’ll just use the iphone and delete the app from the Samsung. I did the hardware coding thing and it made it worse.

1 Like