Rule Time is later and later... Anybody else?

My on/off time is getting later and later each day by a little. v2 cams supposed to come on at 10:00 pm and go off at 6:00 am, now it’s 10:30 and 6:30, like they are not synced. I have synced them several times but doesn’t make any difference.
Anyone have a fix?

Assuming you are on the Old Rules Engine using the V1 Sensors, I have found that there is some issue with scheduling things at 10pm or on the hour. I have a post which outlines my whole test and found that if you simply move the Start time back by about 5 minutes (but 1 or so should work) makes a big difference. you can do the same with the end time and see if it works.

Ultimately, what I did was create one rule to activate somethign say at 9:55pm. Then another Rule to turn it off say at 6:01am.

But rest assured that this issue is fixed with the new Rules Engine which is in testing currently. I am a beta tester and have been testing this and have found it to be resolved.

5 Likes

I too have noticed this. I turn off notifications at 10:00 PM and back on at 7:30 AM. They are late by almost 30 minutes now. So I
compensated by sliding them to 9:45 PM and 7:15 AM and then they no longer had the delay (were at the scheduled times). Moved back to original times and 30 minutes delayed again.

I followed spamoni4’s lead and changed mine to a few minutes before 10 and a couple minutes after 6 and that worked for me. Maybe that will do until they update the firmware on the v2’s.
Thanks for the help.

Edit: BTW, I emailed support about this, and never heard back. They must be busy with other customers.

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you.

Make sure you don’t get rid of your V1 Sensors as they will pair with the V2 Hub as well. In addition, this is a Rules Engine issue, I believe. When the time comes, everyone will be moved to the new servers and on the new Rules. At this time, the Rules will work, at least they have for me.

I noticed this problem beginning about 2 weeks ago. My Rule to turn a camera ON at 2300 has been 10 to 20 minutes late. And, the Rule to turn a camera OFF at 0601 is also about 10 to 20 minutes late.