RTFM before sticking pin in Sensor or Motion Detector

Ok, my WYZE SENSE was lost in the mail … and finally arrived today after a week’s wait.

So, being the expert user I am, I was excited to set up my sensor and motion detector ASAP after receiving.

I grabbed the cute little silver “pin” or probe off the top of the package, took the protective plastic off the sensors and detector … I had already read on line you have to stick the pin in the sensor/detector and wait for it to flash three times.

And I stuck the pin in the hole of my first sensor … no flash.

Stuck the pin in the second detector … no flash.

Hmmm, opened the little manual and saw where there were TWO similar holes … and I had been sticking the pin in the wrong hole. Stuck the pin in the right holes, and both sensors paired. Slick!

So I stuck the pin in the motion detector … no flash.

Being the quick study, I looked carefully at the motion detector for a second hole … and again, determined I was sticking the pin in the wrong hole.

Being the over-excited dumb A**, I had managed to stick the pin in the wrong hole in each of the three WYZE SENSE items.

My little red lights reside in the wrong hole … and thankfully, sticking the pin in the red light hole apparently didn’t do any damage!

My advice … RTFM.

The correct hole is illustrated in the little manual. Wish I had taken the time to read the manual.

2 Likes