RSTP Not Working

Hi,

I was trying to load the RSTP firmware on my Wyze Cam Pan, which it looked like it did ok, but the instructions say that its supported on the the APP 2.3 or higher. Well, my iPhone APP is 2.14.22 the latest. But i look back in the previous versions and they do have a 2.9 version back 6 months ago and then went from 2.9.58 to 2.10.72 or backwards. So when I goto the advanced settings where RSTP is supposed to be, it’s not there.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the group! When you go into device info for the camera, what firmware does it say it has?

I show it as 4.10.6.193. Seems like my other cameras are also similar with slightly older ones 4.9.6.193. did it not load the misc.bin file? It rebooted and blinked as the instructions say. What firmware should it show up?

Thanks.

For the pan it should be 4.29.4.41. did you name the file demo.bin and make sure there was no hidden extensions making it demo.bin.bin? “Misc.bin” is not the correct name.

I’d also check out this thread to see if you pan is of the batch that has trouble flashing firmware.

1 Like

Thanks. … yes the file is demo.bin, 10.5MB. I’ll look at the thread below.

Thanks.

1 Like

Last time I checked, 10 is larger than 9. Note that it is 2.10… - NOT 2.1.0…

I followed the post and was able to flash my bootloader so that i can accept the demo.bin. All is working now.

Thanks for helping out!

1 Like