Recording only one event (motion-triggered) within every time-window

I don’t want to record every single motion-triggered event that happens in a certain place/cam. I’d prefer to record only one event within every ‘n’ minutes window - kind of to register who’s there only, not all their actions. So, for example, if there’s an event at 9 am, record it, but after it finishes, don’t record anything else for the next ‘n’ minutes (let’s say n = 30min, and the event finishes at 9:05, therefore don’t record anything else until 9:35 am). Is this possible?

I don’t think there is any way to do that unless you could make a schedule to turn the camera on and off at certain times?. There are no V3 settings to do what you want. Why would you want to have a set up like that, what is the goal ?

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply @Antonius! My goal is:

This cam is installed indoors in a residential area. I don’t really need to record everything that happens, but I’d like to have a record of everyone who goes there. Ideally, it would register every time it catches a different person, but I don’t believe this is possible yet. So I’m trying to come up with a different solution, and although recording one event per hour wouldn’t really attend what I want (maybe other people will pass by within the same time window and therefore won’t be caught), it’d be a way to start.

I’d appreciate any ideas for alternative solutions. Cheers!

If your camera has cam plus or cam plus lite you could just set the camera up under events recording>detects motion>Smart detection>Person detection only. Then on the events page just set the filter on the top to show Person videos only on your events page. I don’t think there is a camera that will just record different people and not record one it just saw a few min. ago. The camera will still record everything, you just don’t have to see all the other motion/vehicle videos on the events page. Best I can think of.

2 Likes