Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

I’ve held off on upgrading my v2 to v3 until, as you stated, RTSP is up and running. As I use HA for EVERYTHING else, not having RTSP is key to the decision process.

The PD ability looks like it will work, as I’m already getting PD on my v2 with the current RTSP firmware, the problem is the unstable feed (compared to my Eufy pan cams), the lag time in viewing, and the lack of any security updates to the orphaned firmware.

Very disappointed this ticket is marked as “Launched”. NO it wasn’t launched as a marketable product!

I have been using Wyze (V2) and Xiaofang (V1) cameras with Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks RTSP firmware (open source) for the past year or so. Just ordered 6 Wyze V3 cameras and, like everyone else here, hoping for RTSP support.

But, based upon everything I’ve read about Wyze V2 RTSP, it doesn’t sound good.

So, I thought, if this is about money (and what isn’t?), why doesn’t Wyze come up with an RTSP subscription program to fund it’s proper development and support? No, they wouldn’t be able to charge what they do for the cloud service, but they could charge something so that they get a) a continuous after-sales revenue stream from Wyze cams and b) economic justification for making RTSP a good product.

Just an idea.

2 Likes

I agree completely, I’d gladly pay for RTSP support.

2 Likes

RTSP that does Jpg or Jpeg so I can upload weather images to the weather underground =)

The uploading of images can be done with whatever security software you’re running. (ie, Blue Iris)

But…agreed; If Wyze wanted a small fee for the RTSP firmware so their development costs could be offset, I’d gladly pay it.

2 Likes

I would pay too (even a subscription if required)

2 Likes

Do we have an ETA update on this yet? I hedged my bets and had only ordered two v3 cameras (JUST GOT THEM YESTERDAY, WOOT!) as I was scared of no RTSP and that the improved improved night sight was going to be a gimmick. Glad to see the starlight sensor is the real deal!

I plan to pull the trigger on a bunch more once I test RTSP (for my properly and for a historic site where I am on the board). I like to stream parts of my yard to my computer, can’t do that with the app (nice to see the bird feeders while working). Plus Home Assistant integration.

1 Like

Sorry, but I do not agree. If I have multiple cameras - at least a dozen around my property and I am easily going to have a dozen at the historic site I help manage - at even $1/month/camera that quickly adds up and would make these cameras expensive in the long run.

RTSP isn’t something that has to be licensed like person detection after the Xnor.ai/Apple deal (and yes, I had the free offer and chose to pitch in). RTSP is free and has been around for a long time - and is a basic feature on many cameras

1 Like

Wyze Cam V3 as well, I hope!

Received my WyzeCam V3 cams today! Any word on approximate delivery on RTSP for V3?

Eagerly awaiting the new firmware…definitely want to try it out as I finally got the Home Assistant integration and I’m trying to polish everything up! :slight_smile:

the lack of the RTSP is I think the main reason I stuck with the amcrest cams.
mostly because they just didn’t’ seem to be as reliable and/or fast when needing to connect.
I have to say though, after using my v3 now for a few weeks, I’m thoroughly impressed.
connects much faster and more reliably.
I’m still interested in this feature, as some of us don’t have many, if any internet options, so service can sometimes not be the most reliable, so not being 100% reliant on internet, or allowing the cams to fallback to RTSP when internet isn’t available or when it detects you’re on the same network.

2 Likes

When is RTSP coming for v3 cams?

After the next release of the handheld vacuum they just released for preorder…seriously… When indeed …the wyze camera line must be highly unprofitable to keep adding every kind of device under the sun, to their product portfolio…what’s next, ladies pantyhose and car cylinders?

2 Likes

Pantyhose and vacuums don’t require dozens of MB of AWS storage per device per customer forever either.

Down with pantyhose…

@UserCustomerGwen just checking up on RTSP for the V3. I love my v3 cams, but I want to incorporate them I to my Blue Iris NVR. Back in November you said “a couple of weeks”

Thanks! :blush:

Edit: I misread that comment and you were referring to the v2. I still want to know though about the v3. Thanks!

As soon as they tell us they have a working RTSP firmware for the V3 units, I’ll buy a half-dozen to add to my Blue Iris system (which is running three RTSP’d V2 units ).

I will be patient…

I have a question for the people already using v2s in RTSP mode. Did you already have the NDVR servers to which these cameras are connected to? Or you bought them after? If I want to use RTSP, but not sure where to buy the servers? I don’t already have a monitoring system consisting of NDVR. And I couldn’t find a way to buy them separately without the wired security camera system. Completely new to the RTSP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.