Provide single notification for coalesced events (intelligent aggregated notifications)

Whenever multiple AI or simple motion and sound events are active, any particular physical event (e.g. someone dropping off a package) results in multiple separate alerts, making the entire system overly irritating and less useful.

Having a somewhat user adjustable threshold (e.g. 10-90seconds) where all such events are combined into one event alert (looking at my.wyze.com/live (with chrome; fails with Safari :<) I see that the backend does seem to already do this. But I get (for example) 4 alerts (motion, sound, package, vehicle) for a single incident.

[Mod Edit]: Title and tags modified to enhance search clarity.
[Mod Edit]: Updated Web View link to point to new service.

@Seapup this is NOT the same as my request to coalesce multiple alerts. This is a worthy RFE in its own right, but is unrelated.

When the system detects multiple events in a small amount of time turning them into a single (potentially longer) event is what I was requesting. Ignoring ALL of them because each was of short duration is not the same thing (nor, in my case is it a desirable one).

1 Like

I apologize. I thought the gist of your request was related to excess notifications from multiple, simultaneous and sequential events. I’ll check for an existing wishlist topic and if none, will move this to stand alone later this evening.

I apologize. I thought the gist of your request was related to excess notifications from multiple, simultaneous and sequential events. I’ll check for an existing wishlist topic and if none, will move this to stand alone later this evening.

No apologies are necessary. Your summary here seems good but different from my understanding of the “blink-like” behavior. Allow me to provide two scenarios:

1. There are 5 moths. Each moth triggers the same motion “event type” but for only a few seconds each. As I understand the “blink-like” filter, it is desired that none of these are recorded (or, if recorded, trigger an alert).
  2. One has multiple event types enabled, say motion, vehicle, person, package, and sound. Assume multiple dogs, and noisy UPS truck(s).
    1. UPS truck approaches, which causes the dogs to bark, which in turn sets off the sound event.
    2. A few seconds later, the truck becomes visible and sets off motion and vehicle events.
    3. A few seconds later, the UPS staffer exits the vehicle (triggering person and possibly motion again)
    4. Then they drop the package (triggering the package event)
    5. Finally, they ring the doorbell, which sets off a sound event … again.

Currently, I experience anywhere between 4 and 6 events, most with the same timestamp (resolution 1min). I believe that most people would prefer all of this to be signaled with a single alert. I’m agnostic about whether it should be after the whole shebang or just the first alert type (as timeliness might be viewed as more important than providing all of the event types in the alert), but I don’t want or need more than one alert.

1 Like

I personally want multiple notifications… one for each event. The more the better to get my attention. I’d venture to say that probably doesn’t suit the majority. As long as this change is a configurable option, I’d like to see it implemented.

But we still have a disconnect:

coalesce multiple events

When the system detects multiple events in a small amount of time turning them into a single (potentially longer) event is what I was requesting

Are you requesting combining all video events into one event?

Or…

where all such events are combined into one event alert

I believe that most people would prefer all of this to be signaled with a single alert.

Individual events, but only one alert/notification?

or both combined event and one alert/notification?

1 Like

Seapup Forum Moderator
September 1 |

• | - |

I personally want multiple notifications… one for each event. The more the better to get my attention. I’d venture to say that probably doesn’t suit the majority. As long as this change is a configurable option, I’d like to see it implemented.

But we still have a disconnect:

coalesce multiple events

When the system detects multiple events in a small amount of time turning them into a single (potentially longer) event is what I was requesting

Are you requesting combining all video events into one event?

Or…

where all such events are combined into one event alert

I believe that most people would prefer all of this to be signaled with a single alert.

Individual events, but only one alert/notification?

or both combined event and one alert/notification?

What I’ve been observing is that the video is already coalesced (with the pro plus subscription) but the alerts are not. So my request was only about the alerts

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. We need to modify the title of this request to something like, “Coalesce notifications for multiple events” or “Provide single notification for coalesced events”. The latter is more unambiguous.

Sounds good. Thank you.

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Super Smart Aggregated Alerts

I’d like to see alerts aggregated intelligently.

Example: Wife comes home in her car. I get about 10 alerts. Driveway cam, garage cam, garage door opening, garage door closing, side door opening, side door closing. It would be cool if Wyze could consolidate into “Ford Focus came home” or “Ford Focus left”.

Another example: Driveway cam sees truck, garage cam sees truck, front doorbell sees person, front doorbell sees package, garage cam sees struck reversing, driveway cam sees truck. All that could be consolidated into “package delivered”.

Another: back door opened, back door closed, dog seen on backyard camera, dog seen on pool camera. “Dog is outside” could be consolidated.

There are certain patterns that could be recognized. Not all obviously, but some common ones could be prompted after learning.

My 2c… I agree with seeing the multiple alerts as they’re coming in. But from a historical perspective, that’s where the AI could collapse events triggered across video/door/doorbell/etc into one alert that is more contextual. If we were to expand or look at that alert, we could see all the alerts that contributed to it.

Also, from a business perspective and driving subscription revenue, this would help incent people to purchase Cam plus across every device for those consolidated alerts.

I also don’t think anyone else is doing anything like this on the market so it would really differentiate Wyze.

1 Like