Help or Panic Button/Pendant/Necklace

Create a tiny push button gadget that can be hung as a necklace. Pressing the button will send a help notification to another person. This is useful for seniors especially when they fall or have a need to call for help.

Mod Note: Title Edited for Search Clarity

As we age or have infirmaries, wearing a pendant with a call button would be a good addition to the Wyze lineup of products. Pushing the call button would send a notification that some form of assistance is needed by the wearer. With the addition of the Wyze Sense a button could replace the magnetic sensor and a new produce would be born based on existing technology.

1 Like

In the lines of the security systems that provide professional monitoring, it’d be great to see something in combination with the sense kit.

If not automatic, at least like a panic button that will trigger an alert to the police.

This will complete the Wyze sense as a wholesome security system.

2 Likes

I would love to see a panic button that you can left in your bedroom, my mom doesn’t want a camera in that place an a panic button will be a great addition, easy to adhere and wit two buttons : EMERGENCY (red ) and green (alert)

4 Likes

I agree with a panic button around the neck. But not as a 911 or emergency call. Just have it turn on the wyze cam and wyze lights and send an alert notification so the caretakers can get notified. Your market is all the baby boomers who are aging and slowly losing their abiities(mental/physical) before needing to go into the nursing home. Their caretakers need to check on them if something happens like falling down or confusion overtakes their thoughts. We could just watch them 24/7 on wyzecam but for privacy or for those moments they need help, a buttton solves those probems. We dont need our aging parents hitting a 911 button everytime they think something is wrong. Also, any wyze employees (over 50?, lol)who have been caretakers will understand. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I believe something like this would be a GREAT addition to the Wyze product line. Especially with the growing number of tech-savvy elders and their caregiving family. After searching around for this kind of thing myself for my 92-year-old mother-in-law who just moved in with us, there appears to be a real gap in the marketplace for true wifi buttons like this. I would call it a “Wireless Call Button” or “Wireless Help Button” (I think “panic” is a different kind of application that requires a much higher level of reliability and monitoring. But I guess some button is better than no button, regardless of the level of support).

Key features would be:

• Low-cost (OK, you folks already do well there!)
  • Lightweight
  • Small
  • Simple for elderly to press
  • Long battery life (with easily replaceable standard battery)
  • Visual and/or audible feedback so the user knows the button has been pressed (e.g. a red LED lights when it has been pressed and goes out if pressed again (or perhaps long-pressed))
  • Able to be worn as either a bracelet or necklace (lanyard) during the day
  • Able to be stationed securely on a nightstand or bed so it can’t easily be knocked off or lost during the night
  • Easy to find at night (perhaps just glow-in-the-dark plastic would do)
  • Bonus points: Have a way for the app to have it make a sound for easy location when lost

Your existing notification framework would work just fine with this device, but there would be one nice additional feature if possible:

• Allow notifications to “break through” any “do not disturb” settings. E.g. On the iPhone, text messages that end with “urgent” can break through.

This would allow caregivers the ability to “monitor” an elderly parent, for example, overnight without having to be disturbed by other notifications. A similar exception for motion detection on cameras or movement sensors would also be nice.

2 Likes

It would be great to have a physical button that triggers an app alarm for disabled and elderly users to contact care takers, or simply someone that wants to quickly connect to an app user from home. With voice and sound integrated to work as an intercom.

3 Likes

Hi all, i’m new to this forum, just got my Wyze cams with sensors and bulbs,
Thanks Waze for your awesome products and service.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but is Waze planning on any products for the monitoring of elderly people?

For example, my father is a heart/lung patient.
I would like to set up a few wazecams at his house and give him a necklace or bracelet with a button that calls for help / turns on his waze cams for me in my app or sends a notification to my waze account that he needs help.

I could then remotely log into my waze app and see if he’s OK, or otherwise alert a neighbor and call for help/ambulance. There are many existing solutions that use a phone line, but they have no integration with a camera. And it would be nice to have everything under one app as well, without subscription fees.

How would you go about this situation? Maybe the waze bracelet offers a possible solution?

2 Likes

With the new emergency button on the cameras, how spa stand alone in house emergency button. Wife has medical issues and a service dog and we’d love to have something in case wife passed out so dog could alert authorities and have medical on the way.

1 Like

I recently set up a couple wyze cams to help us keep up on the well being of our aging parents. It would be great if the wyze band or another wyze product such as a pendant could provide a way for them to send a push notification to shared users in case of an emergency, so we could call 911. If it had voice capability like the cams ,that would be helpful too.

1 Like

The new sensor suite for $5 a month monitored should have an optional pendant with button to call for help. It’s basically just a sensor with a button vs a sensor that splits apart to trigger. Minimal hardware redesign…

Unless you go all out and add a speaker that’s connected to phone via Bluetooth, or connected to sensor bridge that lets you speak to the monitoring service.

Would also want some audible alarm to go off in pendant to be sure the person wearing knows it’s been activated if needed, or hears it activated if accident. Audible chirp when battery low as well to signal recharge or replace (logically recharge).

It’s just an added value that should easily integrate into the sensor suite

2 Likes

I vote for this feature.

It would be nice if Wyze could integrate a panic button device with the Home monitoring, something similar to the Simplisafe panic button? As stated in this post, a panic button device that can be worn around the neck or wrist would be a great addition as well to the Home Monitoring to help folks who are fall-risk.

1 Like

Would love to see a wyze product to support the elderly or disabled. A wearable pendant or wrist device that auto dials a set of user defined numbers when activated via the user or a fall detection system.

The system should play a recording when the other party answers that the user creates saying they need help. While the device starts a live call via cell towers to 911. Upon connection to 911 the device would act as a two way speaker phone.

1 Like

Hello,
I need to suggest the creation of panic bottom in case of emergency. When you hear something or you are in front of someone threatening your life, you not going to have time to take your phone or respond to the phone, so you need to wear it somewhere in your neck or waist and just press it and the monitoring service will call the police.

1 Like

While some of this is incorporated into the Wyze Watch and Wyze Band, those items are a bit too complicated for the elderly. I’m thinking of a simple wearable button that when triggered sends an alert to the associated Wyze App. It could also incorporate camera tracking if the wearer enters the field of a camera. Use the heart rate monitoring of the band, but send it to the Wyze App allowing it to be seen in real-time anywhere. Perhaps even a zone feature that will not allow a wyze lock to unlock to stop dementia wandering.

1 Like

Other systems offer a Panic Button that works with the home monitoring service. This would benefit the elderly who are not tech-savvy and need a way to call for help.

Just press and hold the Alarm Panic Button for 3 seconds to contact the home monitoring service and/or run a routine.

1 Like

Any update to this?
I switched back to the Ring home security system because the physical panic button is a non-negotiable feature for us.

I hate to have the Wyze system sitting in a box in a closet but my family’s safety is too important.

It’s a ridiculous notion to think that during an intense moment such as a break-in, that my wife or kids would have to locate their phone, unlock the phone, find the app, open the app, and then find the panic button to call for help. And hope that they can do all of this before the intruder finds them. That’s the process they may as well just dial 911.

With the ring system they have a physical button that sits by the bed. You press it once and emergency services are called immediately.

No app, no fussing about, no searching or hoping that you can unlock your phone quickly enough.

This is really a silly omission by Wyze, especially given the simplicity and the benefit of this type of device.

How can we have a remote controlled car with a camera in it but we can’t have a simple 2 in panic button like every other basic alarm system has including the two main competitors, Simpli Safe and Ring?

I have been searching for a panic button also. As a fresh take on who else needs them… I am a parent who is running around chasing kids all day and I rarely know where my phone is. I wish I had a way to call for help if there was an emergency without searching for my phone. Simplisafe has one as a part of thier home monitoring system.

Panic Button for Monitoring (I left SimpliSafe)

Howdy! I left SimpliSafe over to you guys so I can have home security and cams all together in one place, not to mention how awesome you guys are at competitive pricing.

The only thing I really miss from SimpliSafe is a panic button. The ability to hit a button in case there’s an emergency seem rad. Love to have you guys consider that.

Thanks!

1 Like

Alarm with emergency buttons

My current alarm has panic buttons and it would be amazing if wyze could offer this with their alarm system.

1 Like