Pre-recorded video as live video?

Hi All…

Just had a quick question, our entire family has access to our wyze cameras and apps etc… I would just like to make sure our kids are not playing pre-recorded videos of them being at home while they may not be or doing things they shouldnt. I’m not super tech savvy or real familiar with these cameras really, so I just thought the easiest way to find out would be to ask on here. Appreciate the help! :slight_smile:

Nope. Live video is live (within a couple seconds).

1 Like

you’re safe on this one. that’s not going to happen.

that’s not to say they wont do a Ferris bueller and use poorly obscured mannequins to make you think they are there just sitting very still…but that’s a different story/ issue.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the info guys… also had one more questions but maybe it would be easier to create a whole new thread. I was told that these cameras are connected to servers in China so all the footage is stored there for someone to view, is that information correct? or…

My understanding is there is nothing stored on chinese servers. Also all videos are encrypted. I have seen reports of the cams pinging a chinese server but I think that is during setup and I could be wrong. If I’m wrong hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Here a screen shot of my data being unencrypted going to a Chinese server today https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z2gfFz1bxfy2weTQ9