Possible heat signature?

Any idea what this is?

The power lines and cable lines are pole mounted about 20 feet high.
The telephone lines are underground.
I have noticed this many times when it is dark. Last time I noticed it, I walked to the spot, holding my iPad and watching the feed. I stepped right into the middle of the anomaly and didn’t see or feel anything in the grass.

The v3 is about 35 feet away, and the image is zoomed.

Some nights it is not there, but when it is, it is always in the same spot.

Move the cam. Does the spot move? Perhaps there more on clear nights with lots of moonlight? Might be a lens flare or something microscopic on the lens.

3 Likes

I don’t think it would be a heat signature especially since the camera is picking up color mode without the IR cut filter?

This is kind of interesting…

I’m thinking maybe reflection of moonlight off the ground and into the camera?

2 Likes

The next time I see it I will move the camera.

:skunk: booger on the lens. :grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

He’s been in a billion things since then, starting with Moonlighting, and yet he is once and always Booger. Blutarsky’s cousin once removed.

Holy crud, didn’t even realize the synchronicity.

Bingo! The aberration is not present every night. The spot moves with the camera. Good thing I didn’t call the utility company. :grimacing:

I did a quick lens wipe with no change. Must be inside the lens. And this is a v3 that has not been disassembled.

1 Like

Lens flare from the area light that is just off frame to the left. Final answer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m too lazy to get up and turn that light off but you must be correct.

1 Like

Move the camera so that the area light is right in the middle of the camera frame. The spot will join the light in the middle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I did notice when I moved the camera to the left, the spot moved to the left. The post the camera is on doesn’t allow much movement.

2 Likes

This guy live nearby?

2 Likes