Plugs turn on randomly

I have a plug for my Halloween decorations. It is scheduled to turn off at a specific time, and it usually does. Twice this week however, it turns back on a few minutes later. I’ll manually turn it off only to have the same thing happen again. I use IFTTT and in-app triggers, but none of them should be causing it. In fact, only one trigger is set to turn them on (if this bulb turns on, turn on this plug). That bulb stays on all night. Again though, this only happens occasionally (twice a week). Thoughts?

In the Wyze app, go to the Accounts tab and tap Rule History. If the plugs turned on because of a rule you should see the event listed there so you can track down the rule. If nothing is listed then you can check the Activity section in IFTTT to see if any applets ran at that time.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing me to that. Looking closer within IFTTT I see that it triggered the rule multiple times last night instead of just sunset. Go figure. I just simplified the rule with hopes it won’t happen again. Thanks again.

3 Likes

My plug randomly turns off…
I do have one rule to turn on at 3:45, and off at 10:45…

Help?

Turn off your rules and triggers and turn them back on.

Thx… but that didn’t work…
I’ll delete them and retry…

So… the deletes made no change…
Still random turn ons overnight…

Might install a ups to ensure no power surges etc… then will put the ups on my network components…

I’m thinking it’s something with the plugs firmware??? It says it’s the latest…

I have an early release plug that turns on randomly just like some of my bulbs. I can tell Google to turn the plug on and off and it will. But it will also randomly just turn the plug on.