Pet, Package, and Vehicle Detection as well as Facial Recognition Coming to Cam Plus

I am also experiencing the issues you have described, Resist. So, you are NOT the only one as some have suggested.

1 Like

I agree with carverofchoice. I assumed Wyze was training AI so, I have been sending the videos.

1 Like

You’re right, I’m not going to spend anymore of my money buying Wyze products. Used to be that software updates were to fix issues. But now it’s more to change things that don’t need to be changed. This company’s updates always cause more issues and half of their so called improved functionality doesn’t even work correctly.

Here it is the end of June 2021 and Vehicle detection is still not working. Person detection works about a third of the time and everything else is motion detection. I’m paying for CamPlus that claims to have features that it doesn’t have. When am I going to get what I’m paying for?

Cats and raccoons are still showing up as people even after the so called improvement to pet detection this week. I just disable all the AI features. I see it like this: if I can’t tell the difference between a person and a raccoon I have more problems then Wyze does with cam plus/AI features. I’m only paying for Cam Plus for the longer than 12 second clips. I could care less about AI features.

I had a rule for when the cam3 detected a “person” at my back door at night to turn on the wyze lights. It worked well until one night when the lights were coming on every few minutes. A spider web was near the camera which was somehow a person. 3am I am outside on a ladder sweeping cobwebs. Thanks Wyze!

Could have shut down the camera and cleaned the cobwebs in the morning? :wink:

My CamPlus vehicle detection got maybe 2 out of 30 moving cars labeled as vehicles. Yet when every singe time a person walks by, a parked car it labels it as a person and a vehicle. Why in the world would I want a parked car labeled?! Wyze, why can’t you fix this? Oh that’s right, you’re too busy developing new products. Please stop pushing out software loaded with bugs.