Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

You need mousetoggle

And TinyCam pro works on the Ftv. Free doesn’t

Thanks. Strange that the developer himself said otherwise. Also I made a thread about just this subject. Mouse Toggle sounded suspect to me and I haven’t tried any variant.

1 Like

I’ve been using mousetoggle for a long time.
You can buy it in Google play. The ap. runs from the phone and installs mouse toggle on your Ftv.
I’ve used it both from download and from the ap.

2 Likes

I use tinyCam daily at work, mainly for live streaming, its got a lot of good features including person detection. I also like it’s customizable detection zone

1 Like

Back in the PC (Pre Covid 19) days i ran tinyCam server so I could view my cameras on my work computer browser.
It worked good other than dropping camera connection frequently. I’m sure that’s just a matter of a few tweaks.

2 Likes

My main laptop is chromebook so I just use the tinyCam pro app

1 Like

I run Tinycam on a rpi3B. Video is a bit choppy due to the lack of video processing power, but it works well enough as a webserver for my limited needs.

1 Like

I was just looking at this…

It looks attractive as it has a M2 ssd connector.
It would make a nice cloud tinycam server

1 Like

Priced a bit higher than the Pi4B. Are there tests showing it’s significantly faster?

You need a 3B to run Tinycam Pro under Android Things. See here.

1 Like

Too bad it requires the slower unit. On this December page Alexey says live view is problematic. But far more interestingly his (now offline) Wyze Pan demo camera was doing PD and pet detection on device?? I can only assume he was referring to the XNor that was current at the time?

Wyze Pan camera on that server writes to microSD card on motion if person or pet detected (object detection done on device).

2 Likes

The live view is choppy…more like a series of stills ~1 sec apart than a steady streaming video, which again is fine for quick reference on my SmartHome dashboard, etc. When I am on my desktop, I prefer to use BluesStacks.

1 Like

Watching live, neighbor’s cat. V2 with 12.29 app dos not show green detection. and no events.

Looks like the Wyze server changed it detection alogrithm.

I increased a bit of detection sensitivity to see if it will capture small animals in event.

perhaps, the app has several options for user to select

Motion
All motion
human
animals

1 Like

Same here. I use my CamPan, mounted outdoors under high deck, to track my elderly cat and critters that might follow her through the garage window. Her reflective collar and reflector mounted on the window have been reliably visible at night and increasing sensitivity also revealed the raccoons and skunks passing by until about 4 days ago. Now no alerts/events at night unless a person is present, or bright light from a passing car. Animals are out there, it’s no longer capturing. Anyone have any suggestions? V4.10.6.156. I don’t see the options for human/animals etc.

Looking at the Rock4/downloads - Radxa Wiki
There are android images available hence should run tinycam

1 Like

If you try it, please reply back to let me know how it works!

This response you gave us why YI in itself is why people moved to Wyze and if they listen to your [mod edit] opinion, will be once AGAIN, why people leave WYZE

We just want a product we can own, it works without add-ones and fill-ins like you promote.

[mod edit]

[mod edit] we just want a simple product we own without corporate ads and paid pop ups to use our products.

In all regards, I’ll probably get banned for saying this unless we all stand against [this]

[mod edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines. Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind: (1) Remember to criticize ideas, not people
and (2) Please avoid name-calling

2 Likes

I’ll comply. I apologize. I mean it.

I’m fully against any type of pay to remove ads, and fully against ADS overall. I’m all for having the Wyze name in lower corner of my videos and proudly share some of them with family and friends that also have Wyze Cams who are also against ADS as well.

We want to own our products outright and not have to wait for ads to load to get access to vids or even the App itself.

Heck of an idea.