Person detection in app

@angus.black it says 4.96.156 and it says up to date.

@angus.black it says 4.96.156 and it says up to date

That’s camera firmware.
The app version is under Account> About
It should be v2.13.???

3 Likes

Oh oops. I have the correct version

1 Like

and you’re right. I just checked my camera’s person detection to delete some stuff, I can’t do it, it takes me to the cam plus subscription. you know when the camera detects movement and person, it saves it so it can be deleted later. well I can’t check the person detection.

I just received this

Now I have to decide if I want it. If motion detects person, why pay for it? I just wanna understand

@angus.black this is what I’m talking about
I can’t tap on the person it gives me this

Motion detects anything that is moving including people. The app isn’ t going to identify the clip as a Person, just motion.
If you want to be notified specifically for people you’ll have to subscribe to Cam Plus.
WYZE is aware of the bug you described with trying to filter by Person. The are going to fix it in the next app release. 2.14.xx

2 Likes

thank you Angus. You seem to know alot, that’s why I’m asking these question to you so I can learn. :slight_smile: And you said I will need person detection for each camera, ok so what if I want person detection just for the camera overlooking my porch? the other 2 cameras I have I don not want person detection. I can do that correct?

Yes you can. The good part is you can move your one subscription to any camera you have now or buy in the future.
You may want Person Detection on and outside camera now but switch to an interior camera while you are on vacation, for example.

1 Like

yes exactly. thank you Angusyes exactly. thank you Angus now I have to get the light bulb/socket adapter you were talking about and I’m all set. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes exactly. thank you Angus now I have to get the light bulb/socket adapter you were talking about and I’m all set. :slight_smile: