Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period

Not disagreeing with what you are saying. I would never use a snooze button, but I also would never set it up to notify on all motion either.

There is some tweaking you can do, but I do know that Wyze is always enhancing the AI engine, which makes it imperative to click at the bottom of the event if the tag was incorrect. This helps on that.

The work around is for the individuals who requested an automated method to snooze notifications for a period of time, who h is a valid request.

Everyone’s use cases are different, which is what makes some of this difficult. Some want a snooze button and some don’t.

And yes, if there is an issue, open a ticket, create a log, provide the fw version of the cameras and app version. Basically provide enough information so that the issue can be assessed.

1 Like

Thanks… I contacted Wyze support who said to submit logs to Wyze for false alarms. In case anyone wants to help do this:

1. Reproduce or find an example of the issue.

2. In the individual devices, select the Product > Device Settings > Wyze Support > Submit a Log.
    Or, in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support.

3. Select Submit a Log > the affected device or service > the relevant issue category. (Personally I think the “Other” category is the best fit.)

4. Enter any relevant details or associated support ticket request IDs in the Details section. You can also tap the + icon to add any relevant pictures or videos.

5. Make sure the SEND LOGS FILE option is CHECKED (to ensure the logs are included).

6. Tap Submit.

| spamoni4 Forum Moderator
January 25 |

• | - |

Not disagreeing with what you are saying. I would never use a snooze button, but I also would never set it up to notify on all motion either.

There is some tweaking you can do, but I do know that Wyze is always enhancing the AI engine, which makes it imperative to click at the bottom of the event if the tag was incorrect. This helps on that.

The work around is for the individuals who requested an automated method to snooze notifications for a period of time, who h is a valid request.

Everyone’s use cases are different, which is what makes some of this difficult. Some want a snooze button and some don’t.

And yes, if there is an issue, open a ticket, create a log, provide the fw version of the cameras and app version. Basically provide enough information so that the issue can be assessed.

1 Like

This forum is just one channel of contact with the company. Leave comments to future/potential buyers of these products by submitting online reviews. Telling potential customer’s that they will be hammered with alerts anytime someone is working or playing in the camera’s zone is accurate. Tell prospective buyers and let them decide what the right product for them is. Maybe marketing will eventually take notice.

1 Like

I have 20+ cams used for security on the perimiter and entryways of my property. All on CamPlus set to notify on any AI event. All individually tuned for the conditions they are in and their unique FOV. I do not get flooded with notifications. If I get more than two or three notifications a day, it has been a very busy day when the UPS or Amazon delivery driver came by. It does get busier at night, but I have the pet detections on and like to see what varmints are lurking about. The only false positives I get, because I have tuned my cams by appropriately applying the DZ, are due to the occasional spider web at night under IRNV.

I pause my notifications for 5m via Alexa Voice Command, which is a lot easier than poking around at my phone any day, when I walk out to the mailbox or take out the trash. I stop my notifications via Alexa when I am working in the yard. I pause them for 4 minutes by an Alexa Routine when I tell her I am leaving for work and she initiates my IFTTT applets and MacroDroid routines to set my Thermostat, adjust all the lights, turn on the security sirens, and arm my HMS… all automated by one voice command. I have my notifications paused just before I arrive home as well when the opposite of all that happens.

These are marketed as and sold as DIY cams. I only get out of the cam what I put into it. As you stated: Garbage in, Garbage out. This applies equally to the user placement, setup, and settings selections.

1 Like

You are talking about a completely different issue than what is being discussed here. Garbage AI detection is completely separate than snoozing alerts.

The use case for snoozing alerts is say for example, I have a camera on my back deck. I usually want to know if a person or other motion is detected there. Except for example, when myself and friends are hanging out on the back deck, trying to enjoy themselves… except now I’m getting annoying alerts every 2 minutes telling me a person or motion is detected on my back deck. Yes. Wyze, I am aware. Me and 10 other people are hanging out there. In this case, I want to snooze alerts for that ONE camera, and I want options to snooze for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. I have replaced all my relevant Wyze cameras with other cameras at this point, and tried many different brands, and have not come across a single other brand that didn’t have this option.

This is an extremely common use case everyone on this thread has experienced. Mowing the lawn, kids in the yard, working in the garage, etc, etc.

Most of my more important cameras are now Ring cameras and I can just press and hold a notification, tap “Snooze 1 hour”, boom, done. Not to mention they integrate with Home Assistant like a dream and unlock tons of potential for automations and pretty complex smart home functionality. I don’t have to buy a “Ring Power Plug” or other junk products locked into a crappy ecosystem and do ridiculous things just to get super basic functionality.

Long story short… We’re not asking to snooze crappy AI detection… that’s a completely different issue and belongs in a different thread.

3 Likes

Matter wasn’t even CREATED until well after these threads have been started, much less released. It’s been 5 years that people have been asking for integrations, and it’s been ignored for 5 years. Now that Matter has been released, where is Wyze at? I’m not holding my breath.

Last I saw Wyze wasn’t even sure if all their hardware would support Matter, so in that case users would have to buy new hardware WHEN and IF Wyze can actually support it. You think all these people complaining about Wyze not listening to their users are going to rush out and buy new Wyze products? Pshhhh.

I gave up on Wyze quite a while ago. Luckily I didn’t invest heavily and only have a handful of cameras, and use Z-Wave and some Zigbee for most sensors, switches, etc, with some MQTT and other WIFI devices where necessary. I guess I’m hanging on this thread in hopes to one day use my Wyze cameras as more than a novelty item.

I’ve talked to many users who did have more Wyze products and heavily regretted it and abandoned them once they started getting into more advanced smart home usage. Sure, if you want to have nasty hacks in your smart home in order to get super basic functionality, then have at it. But as you become more advanced you will 100% regret it and wish you went with smart home products that integrated properly. I advise anyone getting into smart home technology to avoid Wyze, because while you may be able to get started with some basics, you will soon regret it, realize you wasted your money, and wish you went another route from the start.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. This is why we try to keep Wishlist items to one topic. But very well stated.

your statements for (a) and (b) are accurately defined. Probably should be two different topics. One is a legitimate Wish (b) and the other could be classified as a bug or an issue. For this one, I do know Wyze is working on it. Any information Logs, correcting the tags, Ticket Numbers, Sample Videos, etc. Helps Wyze run it through the engine to see what is wrong.

1 Like

Matter has not fully developed for Camera Use at this time. Also, devices are not plentiful out there yet. So seeing that this is a new process, Most vendors are now putting things together. Some companies are only providing Matter compliant hubs which will provide some access to their non matter compliant devices. Plus the features are limited.

I have most of the Wyze Products and am not having the magnitude of issues you seem to be having. I even have cameras pointing out towards trees and get an occasional tree be identified as a person. I have mine setup with Event recording all Motion and tagging person and pet. I only notify on Person and Pet. My sensitivity is set to 93. This is one of my V3 Cameras.

1 Like

We are officially moving this to ‘in progress’. I hope to have some more information about it soon.

4 Likes

:tada:

Here’s to hoping it will also be a “rule” we can use. :slight_smile: I guess in a way we can kind of already use rules to temporarily turn notifications on and off for specific devices. I will be interested in seeing what Wyze comes up for a “Snooze” option. :slight_smile:

1 Like