Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period on a per camera basis

I will pass that along to the team.

5 Likes

Yes quick actions would be great to have, I love it for how convenient it is. You can access the notification on your Home Screen or notifications center and just press and hold it and snooze the notifications

It’s helpful so that we can do it outside of the app, currently looks like you have to open the wyze app and snooze the notifications. Too much work , just 1st world problems eh :laughing:

1 Like

That would definitely be a good feature. For now you can use the default IOS notification snooze by swiping a notification to the left, clicking options, then selecting mute duration. This is completely separate from Wyze snooze.

2 Likes

This is nice, but with the downside that if you do this you’re muting ALL notifications from the Wyze app instead of just a specific camera. For example if I’m hanging out on the back deck, I would want notifications snoozed there but would still want notifications if someone comes to the front door. Fingers crossed Wyze can get actionable iOS notifications implemented!

4 Likes

I don’t get how this is not yet a feature,

I would also really like this. I don’t want to have to remember to turn the cameras back on and my phone lights up like crazy when the kids are playing around the house or I’m working in the garage. Odd that designers weren’t like, “Oh shoot. We left that out!” on day 2.

Thanks,
Tim

1 Like

You are welcome to join the Beta Tester Pool, download the Beta App, and test it out. It is currently being tested there.

1 Like

This has been implemented as part of the Wyze app 2.41 release.

7 Likes

Woohooooooo!

1 Like

Finally! Great news.

2 Likes

Was this included in today’s 2.41.0(28) app release?

I just updated the app and it looks like this setting applies to ALL notifications from the Wyze app? You can’t snooze notifications only for a specific camera? Surely I’ve got to be missing something here, right? I don’t see any way to snooze a specific camera.

If that is the case I think Wyze COMPLETELY missed the mark on this one. iOS users have been able to snooze notifications from any app for a while now anyway. That defeats the whole purpose.

Also no iOS actionable notifications? :pensive:

3 Likes

i dont see the version noted as being available yet for android, so cant answer you directly. I would certainly hope it doesn’t apply to all cameras

1 Like

Not only does the Snooze function apply to all cams equally, it applies to all DEVICES at the same time (HMS, Thermostat, Vacuum, sensors, etc). It is only available on the Global App Notifications setting.

The snooze function now pops up when pressing the Bell icon in the Home Device list. Muting all push notifications is no longer a one click toggle. It is now a two click toggle. The icons indicating the state have also changed, adding one that shows the snooze timer. The zzz Bell is no more. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, this is a complete swing and a miss by Wyze. This is not what anyone was asking for, and the functionality doesn’t even make sense to snooze everything from an entire app (again, iOS users have been able to do this for a while anyway via iOS). Wyze needs to take a look at whoever is writing up the requirements for these features. Just when I was excited that Wyze was actually doing something its customers wanted for once. I’m certainly not holding my breath for actual smart home integration any time soon… or really at all for that matter, and Wyze cams will remain novelty items for me, not part of home security or a smart home.

I don’t think this item should be marked as “granted” and should be reset back to “ignored for 5 years”. Again, this isn’t what anyone was asking for. It should be re-opened, and proper requirements should be written. Here’s a start for you…

• Ability to snooze notifications PER CAMERA.
  • Snoozing notifications should disable notifications for the specified device, for the specified period of time (ex: 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hr, 4 hr).
    • All other devices that are not snoozed should continue to send notifications
  • While notifications are snoozed, device should still record events per device settings (without the notification being sent)
  • iOS Actionable Notifications to snooze notifications
    • User should be able to press and hold a notification to quickly set a snooze period
    • Tapping an option of (30 mins, 1 hr, etc) should set the snooze period for the device in which the notification originated from
    • If Android has similar functionality, I’m sure those users would appreciate it as well

Again, I’ll provide an example of how all my Ring cameras integrate this, which is what I would consider an ideal integration and functionality:

5 Likes

Well stated

2 Likes

I also agree 100%. It’s hard to believe that all the requests for this feature have resulted in this useless mess. As a former program manager at another local company, I’m appalled at the lack of planning.

5 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ Can we reset this one back to “ignored”? This certainly is not “granted”, and I don’t think it would be fair to open a new ticket to get the requested functionality when this one has been open for 5 years and obviously has support for the requested feature.

3 Likes

“… and obviously has support for the requested feature.”

Really?? The original request was to “Pause notifications for 10, 30, 60, 120 mins. When someone is home on a monitoring day, would like to pause the alerts to that camera.”

It is sad that this ticket has taken 5 years and still doesn’t address the request that numerous customers have made.

2 Likes

I’m saying the ticket has support for the requested functionality (ie: a lot of people want this and it’s standard functionality for other cameras)… and should be re-opened rather than opening a new ticket for what should have been done in the first place. Otherwise a new ticket would have to start all over again, get ignored for another 5 years, then maybe they’ll add a ‘zzz’ icon to it and call it done again. This original ticket should be re-opened and maybe by year 12 they’ll get it implemented.

The implementation fell flat on it’s face and didn’t meet any requirements, that’s extremely clear. Read above, I’m obviously not a fan, nor is anyone else. I don’t know how any “technology” company implemented this and thought it was a good idea and met any of the requirements… it honestly is baffling, but it’s what most people have come to expect from Wyze unfortunately. I wanted to like these cameras so bad, but its pretty clear they’re certainly not a technology or smart home company, and it seems like mine will stay in the drawer until they become completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

This wish was not granted. Please take the time to understand what people are requesting: Pause a specific camera so that it does not send out notifications for a specified number of minutes. Either (a) your system is designed such that this is a difficult or impossible feature to implement or (b) or your business analysts are not bothering to read and understand what customers are asking for (and why they need it). If (a) is the case then please let us know and we can end this frustration. Come on … as several people in this thread have stated, RING has had this feature forever.

4 Likes