Pan Cam - Suggestions for motion tracking

There’s times I need to rotate the camera to look at something, & just after I get the camera looking where I need it, the camera quickly rotates back to it’s home position. I know I can dig thru the menus for the cam & turn detection zone off (& by then what I needed to monitor is gone), but I don’t want to have to reset detection zone every time I disable it, only to have to go back & re-enable it & re-select the zones. Would just be easier & smart to have a “disable” selection button under the MORE setting next to the “motion tracking” selection button. Please!

…ABSOLUTELY… I’m just re-iterating my request above for this. It seems like it should be relatively easy to implement, many people have requested it, it seems like an obvious “missing feature”, yet, so far there has been no hope of any progress on it from Wyze.

…So, asking again, Pretty PLEASE, with cherries on top, PLEASE add this!!

1 Like

Option for Motion Tracking NOT return Pan Cam to home position

I need for the camera to remain facing where it last saw motion. I use my Cam Pan V2 to monitor my elderly mother while I am not at home. When she changes location and remains still for a while, the camera returns to “home” position. When I check on her, I must pan around the room/house until I find her. This takes time. I hope MANY other users will find use in this option and like my post on the wishlist.
Overall a great camera. I am impressed with it.

[Mod Note]: Your topic and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

Wyze Cam Pan V2 to stay in position after movement has stopped

Hello all. I feel like I have a very simple request for my Cam Pan but I can not figure it out. Is there a way to have the camera automatically track motion and then stop and stay in that position when the motion stops, then resume automatic tracking once motion is picked back up again? As I have it now it will follow motion and then after 15 seconds it will go back to it’s “home” position. I have not messed with the pan scan or have set any waypoints. I can manually move the camera and it will stay there until it detects motion and will follow that until motion stops then will go back to the pervious position I had it in. Thank you for any help!

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

I would expand on this to be able to reference waypoints set and have schedules or triggers turn the camera to a certain waypoint. For example, I may want my Pancam looking out a window in the day and turn around and view inside at night; if I could set a rule to move to waypoint 1 an hour before sunrise and then turn to waypoint 2 an hour after sunset, that would accomplish this. I could also see benefit to have it triggered by say a door sensor… turn to waypoint 2 when door sensor is triggered.

1 Like

Better than just on/off, I would like a variable amount of time before the camera returns to home position after panning to track motion. The default seems to be less than 10 seconds with no way to change it.
Sometimes I don’t want the camera to return to home position for minutes, rather than a few seconds. Sometimes I don’t want it to return home at all and just stay where the last motion was detected indefinitely.

1 Like

User selectable Detection Zone return time after panning

For the Cam Pan (v1 & v2) when Detection Zone is enable the Camera will automatically return to the Detection Zone after 15 seconds if the camera is manually panned.

Put a setting in the Detection Zone setup screen where the user can select a different return time (MM:SS) other than the default 15 seconds.

Rationale: When something of interest is going on live and the user wants to pan the camera around and follow something manually, it is a user irritant to have to constantly reposition the camera every 15 seconds or temporarily disabled Detection Zone.

2 Likes

Just got my Cam Pan v3’s installed. The features are great. Love the cameras. But I do have a suggestion on the pan scan/motion tracking/rules features. In my scenario, I put 4 cameras on each corner of my house, it would be cool if you could setup a rule that if one camera picks up motion and follows it that it would trigger the next camera to continue the recording. For example, my cameras are setup as North, South, East, West. If the North camera picks up motion and is tracking that motion to the West camera, it would trigger the West camera to go to the waypoint pointing towards the North camera and start recording.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to the correct #wishlist topic for better visibility. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

4 Likes

Pan cam v3 motion tracking

Already talked to support about this and they agreed it shoyluld be a setting.

When a detection zone is set and motion tracking is on, we should be able to lock motion tracking to the detection zone only.

So far my cam detects motion on the entire view and tracks the motion. But only sends me alerts if motion happens in the detection zone.

But with it tracking all motion all the time, i don’t think the cam motor will last very long.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Direction/Motion Limits For Wyze Cam Pan Tracking.

Pan cam return point

Feature suggestion for pan cams. Have a reset point after “x” minutes of no movement. I have a pan on my front porch and when I walk inside it follows me to the door and stays facing the door instead of the street where I need it. The feature should allow users to set how many minutes of no movement before moving back to a set point. This would allow the cam to follow people on an entrance or street and then return to the entrance once the subject if out of frame.

You can. On my pan cam v3 there is a pencil to edit way points. I set 2 of them the same frame to ensure it does go back to the desired position.

I have V2 and don’t think I can

When the Detection zone is enabled on a Cam Pan, and the user manually pans the camera, the time to return to the detection zone is hard coded to 15 seconds. Allow the user to set this time to any arbitrary value (5-60 seconds, 1-60 minutes)

1 Like

Totally with you on this and I’ve suggested/asked for it many times - as have others…, But it’s never been addressed. Seems like it should be easy enough to do, but for some mysterious reason it never gets done!!

Sometimes it seems to me that when they bred the team they left out one very important ingredient and that is "COMMON SENSE"i