Outdoor Camera not recording?

Yes,

I bought one of them also and they are the worst product they sell.

They just don’t work well. The whole premise of them is crap.

I got one when they first came out and you can’t even watch them live, at least you couldn’t then.

I vote too to remove that product and stop wasting people’s time and money.

I know it’s a loss of revenue and means du.oing them.all, but better then frustrating your customers.

The only problem is they seem to like to ignore problems. If you look, AL.ost every complaint is ignored.

Ja.es

Seems Wyze cares nothing for its customers.

Don’t think so?

Have a look at all the problems in these forums and look at how many they just ignore.

They read them, like they are reading this right now (loser) and just ignore you.

Before you begin buying a security cam, don’t start here, run.

They will not help you. They will actually screw you around just to ignore you.

I have proof of this from many of my own interactions with them that show, they don’t care.

I had problems with the first outdoor cam, they didn’t reply.

I ordered something on Friday evening and and their drop down menu screwed up the order address on a Cam.3 Pro. I called them 10 minutes later, and they said there was nothing they could do as it shipped already, 10 minutes after order on Friday evening.

I called the shipping company, and they said they hadn’t picked it up yet and they didn’t pick it up until Sunday night, or Monday morning according to the shipper, so, they could have fixed the address or stopped the order at any time.

I did ask them to cancel the order as it was going to a different street and address
They said they would and didn’t so I ordered another replacement, then had 2 orders going out.
1 to a wrong address, which they lied and never cancelled and one to my address.

Bad company and once you buy them, you are stuck with using them or throw them all out and start with another company as they are proprietary and can’t be used unless wyze account is used.

If they go out of business, all cameras will be useless paperweight

RUN, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.AS A CHEAP PRICE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO GOOD SERVICE AND WYZE HAS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT IS USEFUL.

RUN!!!

1 Like

Terrible product and looking to upgrade to a new system. I’ve had so many problems with the cameras. All 3 of my outdoor cams same problems. Does not pick up motion (I’ve tried every possible setting). 2/3 cameras had to be replaced because the battery fried. Piece of crap! I was being cheap since these are the more economical security cameras but you definitely pay for what you get!