Outdoor cam won’t connect to base

Same issue with me. have the base and 3 outdoor cameras which worked perfectly for a few months. i have been trying everything to get them to reconnect for about 2 months now. has anyone solved this?

Which same issue ? The base won’t connect to the network or the cameras won’t connect to the base? Did you try to add the current firmware to the base and the cameras with the manual method using an SD card, it is not a waste of time to try it. You can call support or submit a ticket but they are going to ask you the same thing. What app version, what firmware version, is base on wireless or ethernet is your network stable and so on. If they were working when did they stop, after a firmware upgrade or just out of the blue ?

Support is open tomorrow 4 AM-8PM M-F U.S. Pacific Time 1- 206-339-9646 or 1-844-999-3226.
Be ready to answer some questions :upside_down_face:

I’ve spent several hours trying to get my outdoor camera working! A camera that didn’t have any issues until I tried recharging the battery. It shouldn’t be this hard to get this thing operational!! I think WYZE has an issue with this camera and it suddenly becomes a burden on the user to find a fix! I’m done spending my time trying to get this thing working.

1 Like

Pick up the phone and call support.

I have the same problem i had to call Wyze to get a replacement.

Yeah…called and was on hold for like 30 minutes before it hung up on me.

I checked my firmware version and it’s 4.16.2.7. My base station is connected directly by ethernet and my download speed is 743 / upload is 46. I have my camera about 18” away from the base while trying to sync it.

Current base is 4.16,2,12, current cam firmware is 4.17.1.170. Not saying that is you issue but you will be asked if you ever talk to support. I have had good luck at about 9:00 AM Pacific on the 1-844-999-3226, got answered in a few min.

I can’t even get the base station to connect to my home network (wired or wireless) unless I flash an older firmware on it… Now I’m stuck with a base station that’s connected to my network but none of my cameras will connect to the base station. Same deal as others, I’ve got the camera on top of the base to sync but they just blink yellow/blue for a minute and then the camera yells that it didn’t work.

Just set up my outdoor unit (about 4X’s). I think I got it for Xmas. I have 3 other cams V1 and V2’s that work fine. This thing only works when hard wired to the router. WTF? Will return.
ps whats that blurb about deleting the cam while offline turns it into a brick? I think I did that…

I suspect there is an issue with some of the outdoor cameras. After many attempts to sync the camera with the base station, including trying to flash the firmware, I finally called Wyze support. They immediately sent me a new camera. After receiving it, I was able to sync it to the base station on the first try.

I have only had about 1 week and 90% on the time when I go to view the Outdoor Cam via up to date Android app it won’t connect. The camera is only about 25 ft from the base/hub which is connect via ethernet cable to TP Link Wi-Fi extender that’s getting MAX Wi-Fi coverage. Only my door is in the way of a straight line to the camera. Totally unreliable. - Yes I have the latest Firmware installed on both Outdoor camera and Hub.

1 Like

Mine says base firmware up to date but it is 4.16.2.7 :thinking:

Mine has same issues when recharging- loses connection, hard to reconnect. Then when it reconnects finally the base loses wifi connection and blinks constantly until you unplug it and restart it. They sent me another one after complaining about the first one and it does the same thing no difference. My base and cam are very close to each other…no excuse for this crap! I have a ring doorbell cam, and blink outdoor cams that work flawlessly, no issues. I love wyze products also, I have the scale, a watch and indoor cam just not these cameras- steer clear of these!

Yeah, I ended up refunding my three the same day and got 3 of the v3. Now to figure out how to wire them in I guess!

I had the same issue. I updated my cams and tried the base and it said up to date which I knew it was not. If you open the app go to account bottom right and open. You will see firmware 4 down from the top, open it. I will bet the new base firmware is listed there for upgrade.4.16.2.12

Got the update now, thanks!

Was having the same problem with WOC not syncing to base and had tried everything – what worked for me is:

• Update base to latest firmware
  • Manual firmware update of Outdoor Cam, reboot with SD card removed
  • THEN reboot router and initiate sync procedure

Back and working again!

So done with my outdoor cam; every time it needs a charge (often) it plays havoc trying to keep it connected. Always disconnects then have to play they check router reboot unplug and spin around in a circle 3 times to get to work. This is the second one, replacement does the same thing, no difference. I go on vacay with the thing fully charged and connected and the next day it shows offline will not connect so I sh*t outta luck until I get back home to play the reboot game again… My other 2 cams- Ring and Blink have no such issues, imagine that…
NO MAS!

1 Like

Yep as always Wyze cameras are UNSTABLE, they never function as advertised. I can open the app on any day at any time and I’ll
Find one if not more of my 9 cameras offline. These are security cameras if they are unreliable Wyze what’s the point? The cans have already missed 2 events that could have made it easy to catch the offender but noooo my lovely wyze cameras record nothing. Not to mention the fact that constant power cycling the devices suggests they have since day one had a problem. Network stability has never been an issue and after installing a new Wi-Fi 6 router 35 devices connected seamlessly and the Wyze cameras and base stations did not in fact I’m still trying to get them connected. I don’t understand Wyze why you can’t seem to get your product reliable. Security cameras MUST be reliable. Yours have never been but you keep cranking out more product. Perhaps you could do something right one day? I’m sick of wasting my valuable time working on your dysfunctional product every single day. I’ve had many conversations with your people and quite frankly I will never contact you again. So….it’s also offensive that when your product falls out of warranty(1 year) your done with it, I have analog cameras that ran consistently for over 10 years never having a problem and reliable. Too bad the technology doesn’t offer what you do but now we all know what you offer doesn’t work reliably so what’s the point? I’m highly disappointed in every version of your product that I sadly own.

Interesting doesn’t say anything about that in the paperwork lol