Outdoor Cam V2 Only Taking Pictures

I have a V3 outdoor Cam with a Cam Plus subscription that is fairly new. It worked as advertised until I installed a new router. After setting the Cam back up again with the new router and ensuring the Cam Plus is activated it only takes pictures when events happen. Otherwise, normal videos work fine.
Any Ideas?

It seems as though there have been a very high number of CamPlus cams that have reverted back to snapshots while still assigned to CamPlus.

You tagged this as an Outdoor Cam… But described it as a V3. Want to make sure because I am not very familiar with the WCO v1 or v2 battery operated cams since I don’t use them.

A user in another thread fixed 4 V3 CamPlus cams doing this same snapshot by performing a Cache clear:

1. Account → App Settings → Clear [Cache]
  2. Account → App Settings → Sign Out
  3. Force Stop app from your OS (hold icon, app info, force stop)
  4. Open app, log in, test.
1 Like

Just checking, do the events have a little snapshot icon (mountain, sun, etc in a square on the thumbnail) or a time. Also, when viewing the event, is there a green bubble with a?

My apologies it is an Outdoor V2.

Blockquote A user in another thread fixed 4 V3 CamPlus cams doing this same snapshot by performing a Cache clear:

1. Account → App Settings → Clear [Cache]
  2. Account → App Settings → Sign Out
  3. Force Stop app from your OS (hold icon, app info, force stop)
  4. Open app, log in, test.

Blockquote

I tried your suggestions above. No joy. Earlier I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app

I did notice this time there is a Help Button. The message says it failed to upload to the cloud (No error code) and gives some steps to check. I did and it did not help. Come to find out they are not even pictures just the beginning frame of the failed video upload.

No. It is not in an album or anything like that. As noted above in my reply to SlabSlayer

Come to find out they are not even pictures just the beginning frame of the failed video upload.

Since this is an Outdoor Cam and those are as foreign to me as driving on the wrong side of the road, I am going to ask @Antonius, the go-to expert WCO Jedi Master, to review the thread and see if anything pops out as obvious. (Thanks in advance @Antonius!)

There seems to be a bug affecting all cams lately that causes this upload fail. I will make sure Wyze is aware of this. Thanks for the report.

In the meantime, try power cycling the cam, your router, and make sure the cam has a good connection to the router. What’s your WiFi speeds?

I would help if I could but I do not have cam plus on my 4 WCO, they are using CP Lite and have no problems with event videos. I have Cam Plus on my three V3 cams and they are not having any issues either.

1 Like

Thanks. I have tried to power cycle with no positive result. The Cam cannot be factory reset. This particular cam is stuck with an IP address xxx.xxx.200.103. I have another outdoor V1 stuck with an !P of xxx.xxx.200.102. Neither IP can be changed by my router (as they used to be able to) my IP range is xxx.xxx.xxx.x25 to xxx.xxx.xxx.250.

The non-problem V1 seems to be working as advertised albeit with an exotic !P address.
Re-paired the base station with little success correcting camera problem.

Finally, reset the V2. It did record this time but only worked for about 7 seconds. So I placed the Cam in the garbage where it will remain throughout eternity. Its replacement should be here in a couple of days via Wyze warranty.

1 Like