Outdoor cam no longer records video

I can watch live streams on my WCO also using the app, I can not view them here.

2 Likes

I can also confirm that the battery powered outdoor cams are not, and have never been, supported in the BROWSER-based Wyze web view. You can view cloud events on that platform, but not live view.

In the app, live view is supported as well as cloud events.

With cam plus lite you should see 12s cloud events in the events tab of the app.

back to the topic at hand. These things arent recording video. there is nothing on my end I am missing.
Any more thoughts?

This was resolved by customer service. I deleted the cameras from my system and reassigned them.
Fuxed

1 Like

I’m gonna try that.
I hate too, but mine stopped recording, too !

Not sure, if it was an update or when, my Wyze mesh router turned red, earlier this week.

I’m glad you asked, “Are your outdoor cameras outdoors not looking through a glass window?” I have a similar problem with my Wyze Outdoor Cam not sending me notifications or recording videos. I have it inside an old CCTV hard-wired metal camera case with glass at the front. I removed the glass and not it sends notifications! Yayy! However, it still does not record for some reason. I wonder if I need to modify it and add an external antenna. The cam is about 250 ft from the base.

If you receive notifications, you are getting cloud events. Notifications are triggered from event clips in the cloud. I would remove all filters in the event tab to make sure all events are displaying.