Option to disable group on/off buttons on home screen

When there’s multiple devices under one group, like say, “living room lamps”, it’s too easy to accidently shut off that whole group from the main screen. I think that in the settings for that group there should be a toggle for “control all items in this group as one”, then you could manage them all as one or individually. It’s currently too easy to accidently shut off a whole group on accident.

I second the motion. Especially when all you have are cameras.

1 Like

Yes, those buttons on the home page both individual and group should appear only if the user wants to display those.

Its far to easy to accidentally activate those buttons unintentionally!

1 Like

I think that if we like the idea, we should probably hit the vote button.

1 Like

It really would be good to have this option, so fat-fingering doesn’t accidently turn off cameras or activate/deactivate other functions. I think a user-selectable option to have a button require a confirmation click before toggling the function would be ideal. Same as the emergency button feature which requires confirmation after you click it. Users could choose which buttons to “lock” and which to keep one-touch accessible.

1 Like

My phone app for my Wize plug just shows the name of the plug and a button to toggle it ON or OFF. I anticipate having Wyze plugs eventually controlling a few super important things that I don’t want to trigger by accident. I would like to see you create the ability to set an optional “confirmation” dialog to a specific button. Something along the line of an alert box stating “Are you sure you want to turn XXX ON/Off?” with YES and NO buttons on the alert screen to confirm one’s choice.

1 Like

Here’s another suggestion that might help as well.

1 Like

When I created a group of cameras, I really love this feature. But I need a way to disable the on/off button. More than once I’ve pressed this and turned all my camera off in the group.

Thanks

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.