Official Wyze V3 Window Mount is Live (just hidden at time of writing)

Hello, People.
April 3 2021 I submitted post #13 where I talk about external dog-leg magnetic window mounts to avoid glare problems when cameras are looking through windows. That post ended with a commitment to provide a simple means for measuring camera aim angles. The four pictures below describe how to make and use one.
Before getting to the pictures, I have been following the discussions about the new see-through-the window-face-full-forward adhesive-mounted camera brackets. I wanted to try and make an inside-against-the-window, not just a face 90° to the window, camera support bracket. My plan was to have a window sill support post or a side window yard-arm support while a little caulk keeps the camera holder against the window. One of the purposes of the camera-angle-measure device is to provide fabrication measurements. Beyond the first 4 pictures are some preliminary pictures of my oblique camera aim against the window project.

The next four pictures are of a new against-the-window obliquely aimed camera project. At this time I learned that for a full field of vision, the square camera enclosure will need to be replaced with a four-sided truncated pyramid.

The first picture below is of the bottom side of the enclosure box, The compound cut across the open end of the box permits the oblique aim of the camera. The un-sealed power cord entry hole did not detrimentally affect the camera’s view.

Picture two is me being a temporary stand.

This photo is the camera’s view looking obliquely through the window no enclosure.

This last photo is the camera’s view from within the box.

In this picture, it can be seen that the wood enclosure blocks a portion of the camera’s field of view - about 1/7th on the right. This is why a switch to a truncated pyramid enclosure is needed.
I’m sure you’re wondering why I used a heavily screened window with such a crummy view as an example. Two reasons: One is this device is for somebody else’s window and he is asleep: I am so excited to see how well it worked, I wanted to share it.

Victor Maletic.

5 Likes