Official word from Wyze on v1 not working any more?

again - no

1 Like

Have 2 V1’s, only live video, no motion detection or notifications.
Lost all hope in Wyze, they could not care less about us, early adapters.
They only care about the bottom line.
Shame.

1 Like

I have 4 V!s. Live stream w/ notifications working on all w/ the latest FW, but none of the old door/motion sensors operate with them after the last FW update which is a lot of the reason that I still had V1 units in place. Called Tech Support on this specific issue and they gave me a $10 coupon to apply to a V3 camera which I did. I also started to swap all of the sensors to Ecolink anyhow since the Wyze door sensors chew up batteries in a few months and I have had some Ecolink sensors that haven’t gone down or needed batteries in over a year.

sigh…my 80 yr old neighbor has NO IDEA wth flash, sd card etc mean. Plz remember there are ppl that bought the v1 and have been using for years and now no longer have a working one. As to whether she will buy another wyzecam, who knows but lots of non techie ppl purchased your cameras.

We do understand this and apologize for the frustration, but with cameras that were already offline there was no way to do an ‘over the air’ (OTA) update, they require manual flashing. If they are still online they can be updated OTA but there is still a chance the update will not correctly work and will need to be flashed.

We are also still looking into issues some are having and trying to replicate them on our end.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply…my V1 worked for over 4 yrs with no problem. Original is always the best. I am thinking of gutting it and making a hummingbird house.

Next time, plz let us know before wyze makes a change. Not acknowleging that there is a problem is not good biz.

Just to confirm you are saying that wyze has been unable to replicate the “fixed” V1s inability to register for cam plus lite and the lack of motion/notification. Because I can send you a camera that does it, if you can guarantee that it will be fixed.

1 Like

I can also send in one of my V1’s that will not detect motion or give notifications.

1 Like

This seems like the only report that it actually does work? I mean, squeaky wheels and all but…

“Rob” maybe a paid informant.:wink:

1 Like

It was a pain in the neck to get this to happen. I ended up creating a new Cam Plus Lite (free) account even though I was already paying for an existing service account and moved these 4 cameras into the new account on their own. If I left them in my paid account I never got any notifications from them.

2 Likes

The only way I personally would ever guarantee something like that is if I personally was the one in control of fixing it. Unfortunately I do not have a clue how to fix it. I will check in with them again and see if they have been able to replicate anything yet. Could you also send me a log after one of the times it should have detected motion and sent a notification.

@dougpmaverick
Could you also send me a log right after a time it should have detected motion? Are you also unable to register yours for Cam Plus Lite?

1 Like

Mine says they are registered with cam plus lite under Services.
I can go to the camera and watch live feed but it will not detect motion or send notifications.
Not sure how to send a log?

I can believe that moving a camera from cam plus to cam plus lite (or vice-versa) could fix your problem because it resets the camera on the wyze servers. Unfortunately those of us without a paid subscription cannot do this and wyze doesn’t know how to fix this server problem that has happened since cam plus started.

Deleting and reinstalling a camera or cancelling cam plus lite subscription and resubscribing does nothing because immediately everything is restored to the way it was.

Here is what is happening:

1- Cam plus lite is active for the camera in the services tab. However you cannot turn on person detection - because it says it needs video to be selected - which you cannot do. A problem reported to wyze by many people since cpl started. The problem seems to be that part of the wyze server says cpl is on, part says cpl is off and there is no way to correct this. ROB60047 appears to have fixed his cameras by switching cam plus type something not all of us can or should have to do.

2- When the camera is first booted you can get 1 motion detection, it is a picture not a video. Subsequent motions produce nothing. Never a notification. Again cpl related.

3- If you have never had a motion detection event then you can request a 12 second video and that will work. Once you have a motion event (with motion detection turned on of course) then all the short video requests send nothing or the video that should have been sent on the motion. The interaction between the camera and wyze is screwed up probably cpl again.

4- A log of the app is meaningless in this situation. The problem is all happening between the camera and wyze servers, the app is not involved. I think wyze uses the send a log as a pacifier sometimes to make it look like work is being done.

All of these type problems with wyze cameras started when cam plus and then the lite variety were created in an attempt to monetize the previous free function - basically they screwed it up, if your working fine but if a problem pops up wyze has no idea how to fix it.

I knew you couldn’t/wouldn’t guarantee a fix. But here’s another offer I will trade my non-working v1 for a v1 that wyze is using for testing that supposedly works. Not asking for an upgrade (unless working is considered an upgrade).

1 Like

They did not ask me to get a log, that was just me asking so I am already prepared for if they ask if I have one.

@beemgee if you reset the camera and add it to a brand new Wyze account with CamPlus Lite, that won’t have the same positive result as @ROB60047 experienced?

That’s an interesting question. First it’s only a guess as to why ROB60047 cameras are working. If the reasoning is correct then it would depend how wyze identifies the camera if by account and mac id then it should work on a new account but if you can then move it back to the old account is another question.

To be honest we should not have to do this - this whole situation is an absolute disgrace and wyze should be ashamed.

1 Like

You can get a log by going to the cams settings > wyze support > submit a lot. Please post the log number here.

As we come to the end of another week, I would like to note that in the 4 months since this thread began wyze has yet to actually fix anything. The only fix they have been able to come up with basically mimics a user discovered work around of old firmware. The cameras have still not been restored to their pre-wyze initiated malfunction. No motion/notification without messing with cam plus subscriptions which may/may not work and isn’t available to all users.

And the official wyze position on this, oh yeah they have never said anything (what a surprise).