Notifications suddently stopped working without any config changes

When my Cameraā€™s stop notifying, it was normally around some form of an update. To correct it, I perform the following steps with being successful about 90+ percent of the time:

I always do it in the order provided below

• Go to Notifications Settings page

• Turn OFF all Notifications which are on
    • Back out to the main Settings Page
  • Go to Event Recording page

• If you have Cam Plus (Not Cam Plus Lite as this will be handled in the Notification area), Go to the Smart Detection Page and Turn OFF all Notifications
    • Back out one Menu (Back to the Event Recording Page)
    • Turn OFF any Selections you may find on that page
    • Back out to the Main Settings Page

Then turn them all back on again

• Go to Event Recording page

• If you have Cam Plus (Not Cam Plus Lite as this will be handled in the Notification area), Go to the Smart Detection Page and Turn ON all Notifications you would like to be notified of
    • Back out one Menu (Back to the Event Recording Page)
    • Turn ON Detects Motion and any other Selections you want on
    • Back out to the Main Settings Page
  • Go to Notifications Settings page

• Turn ON Notifications
    • Turn ON Wyze AI Events
    • Turn ON any other events or items you want on

Back back out to the Live Stream and test to see if this helps.

This seems to correct most of these issues as there seems to be an issue with the GUI showing the correct settings. This actually ensures your settings are correct and committed back to the app/cloud.

Just a couple of things to try.

5 Likes

I tried this and it didnt work. What suprises me is that alexa picks up the wyze linked notifications but the wyze app fails to do so.

1 Like

Another incident of no detection what so ever. Person and dog walking across camera view.
Latest firmware.
Log # 478225

Same symptom, but my other V3 camera. Detection settings verified. No motion detected with person and dog in camera view. Log# 478257

No detection and notifications again. Viewed the playback and the green motion square is there. Went through and toggled all the notification/detection settings. Still not working.

When will this finally be fixed permanently!!!

Havenā€™t seen anything new in this topic for 11 days. Am I the only one still having issues?

You are not alone. I am missing detections with my sensitivity jacked to 75, less than 25% of my notifications for CamPlus event videos are delivered. Currently working a reset with tech support. May have increased my notifications, but definitely decreased my detections. Will update when finished testing.

Hey all, just wanted to give you another update that additional fixes are in the pipeline and Wyze Cam v2, v3, Pan, and Pan v2 all have fixes that are in beta testing right now. This is due primarily to the amazing work that you folks have done gathering all of these logs and all of the context you gave us to help triage. This was a lot of separate issues coming together into one common problem. We really appreciate the help - this community is the best.

I look forward to these updates addressing outstanding issues for everyone, and weā€™ll keep an eye out after they roll out to the public to make sure everything looks good.

4 Likes

Will this be another forced push firmware update or do we need to opt into it via the normal app method?

These will be standard updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on this? I have a 2 v3ā€™s on the same account, both with cam plus. One notifies perfectly, the other not at all with all notification settings on and sensitivity at 70%.

I am also waiting patiently on this update.

I have two V3 cameras and both have Cam Plus licenses. A few weeks ago everything died.

I even went so far as to tear off Cam Plus Lite from my account to see if itā€™d force the cameras to use Cam Plus. No dice.

I either get no notifications, no AI features, no events, or some mix in between.

Yesterday I got everything working fine. Today it is 12 second clips and no AI features. What will tomorrow bring?!

An ongoing issue that Wyze IS aware of. One that will keep being discussed in Fix it Friday until a solution is developed. The only way for that to happen is if everyone here posts on Fix it Friday.

This notification missing\notification delayed problem is being discussed in multiple thread topics:

My last post on Camera Notification Speed [water-cooler]:

Also discussed on Fix-It Friday 3/4/22:

Also discussed on V3 Delayed Notifications:

Also discussed on I am not getting notifications anymore?

Also discussed on Is anyone else not getting all their notifications:

Also discussed on Wyze cam notification lag:

Also on no notifications on Android with cam plus:

I could probably list many more. But, this has not been solved and is continuing to be a problem. As I posted on the Camera Notification Speed topic thread, there is a software\hardware limitation causing the lags and dropped notifications.

Please be active in posting about this on the next Fix It Friday event so that we can get this fixed. Thx!

3 Likes

When I purchased a Plus subscription I no longer receive notifications. This is an important part of a security system. After a week I am already regretting going with Wyze.

What are your event recording, detection, and notification settings? Do you get any event recordings from that camera now? Make sure all filters are removed from the event tab while troubleshooting. And which camplus service? Lite, regular, pro? What camera or cameras are you working with? Firmware version on the cameras? App version on phone? Need as much info as possible for better focused troubleshooting otherwise itā€™s a shot in the dark. Thanks in advance!

I donā€™t think itā€™s my setting because flipping from an Annual Plan to Free Trial in settings is what makes everything work without doing anything.

Cam Plus:
Event Recording: Detects Motion ON, Detect Sound is OFF
Smart Detection: Person Detection Only one selected
Notification: Everything under in-app notification is on, push notifications (including all options under each camera except voice over ip), and text notifications.
Device Notification: The app has notifications turned on.
App Version: 2.28.2 (a24)
All Camera Fireware: 4.36.8.26

I get event recordings. I have no filters setups. V3 camera. I do get events in the log.

I have got 8 V3s all with the standard CamPlus.

I have turned off everything to do with CamPlus individually in the settings for each of the cameras

I get normal motion event notifications ā€¦ In fact I get TWO notifications for each event. I tried it to the support team and never heard back from them!

Things are still hosed. Reaching 4 months without a resolution. This is embarrassing for Wyze. This morningā€™s Wyze lottery is that on some cams, at random, Iā€™ll get an event notification and when I check the Events window in the app I will see the event and it even says how many seconds long the recording is but it wonā€™t play anything. Just shows a still image. This has been going on for weeks not and every day it happens on a different camera.

I hate to sound like a hysterical child but frankly, Wyze sucks. So why do I keep using the products? Because I invested in 7 cams and a full Cam Plus subscription.

Is it too much to ask for my cameras to work and do the things they are supposed to according to how Wyze markets them? Come on Wyze, this is just ridiculous. Fix your stuff guys! Almost 4 months now! I work in IT and if I had an issue like this that was unfixed in 4 months Iā€™d get fired.

1 Like

Im in the same boat. This is absolutely ridiculous. Ive asked for a refund for the months it hasnt been working and was told no. I think its time to make this go viral.

Hey there everybody! Yes, it is still useless.

Unless we start tagging Wyze employees running the dev teams in these topics, they are never going to know we are here. They donā€™t monitor or watch these side discussions unless they are directed to by other staff. Thatā€™s why the new release threads, fix it Friday threads, update threads and the like are the only ones with Wyze staff interaction. When the next Fix it Friday thread posts, I am seriously hoping EVERYONE will post loud and clear. We are NOT getting what we paid for! PD has been and still is BROKE. Notifications have been and still are BROKE.

If we can get enough posts on FIF, where we know we have staff review, we might just get their attention. Type it up today and save it so you can just paste it and blast it. If they see 500 posts in the first hour on the subject, we might just get somewhere or at least get their attention.

I am remaining hopeful given the $$ I have invested and the real potential for a product that once worked.