Notifications suddently stopped working without any config changes

I bought this camera over the weekend and am having the same issue. I get notification of Cam Plus AI events but nothing for motion. It does record both events but only notice on AI. I turned off AI notices and yes the motion then gave notice, but now I’m missing the even more important notice of person. Using IOS Iphone 11 pro and just 1 V3 camera.

Any updates on a fix for this??

Thanks…
Kevin

1 Like

Update, I added a SD card and had to power off camera. Sometime after that I started receiving notifications on both motion and AI events. No settings to do with notifications were changed, it just decided to start working again. Clearly a bug in the system somewhere.

Log ID: 625716

Hey! Realizing this is super late (this is @WyzeJasonJ’s platform that I nosily poke my head into occasionally lol) but just wanted to mention that the 6-second limitation’s fix came via Fix-It Friday and rolled out on April 5th. So any remaining issues are unrelated. The team is still digging to figure out what could be causing what’s posted here - logs and etc are greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Great! Thanks for the update! I haven’t looked at my logged notifications since that time, but now that it is official I will take a look and compare to the last 14 days of AI events and post back with the % accuracy.

Jan thru April - no notifications.
Then it worked for 3 weeks or so.
Notifications have been down again for over a month.
Anyone else STILL having this issue?

I have 2 Wyzecam 2’s. One stopped throwing notifications about 6 weeks ago and now the other has gone as well. We use these as baby/toddler sleep monitors, so huge dropoff in usefulness without notifications. I can’t believe they can’t get this fixed. Pretty disappointed in a company I was a big believer in.

Welcome to the forums! Are you not getting only notifications, but still getting event videos? Or are you not getting event videos so there is nothing to notify you off? These are two different avenues if troubleshooting. Triple checked and verified all settings? What firmware version is on the camera? What app version are you using? Reset or restart camera lately?

2 Likes

Really? You’re going to ask about camera reset?
This entire thread started in January with everyone having the same issue. NO NOTIFICATIONS without ANY changes made on our end. Events happen, sure. They get logged sometimes videos, sometimes still images, I guess depends on weather or who knows what. Detections clearly work but zero notifications. Then one day they work for 3 weeks and back off they go.
Please stop turning this back on the customers. This is beyond sad, its actually pathetic at this point.
For 3 years everything worked and now you guys are really screwing with your customers. Pathetic.

Why is there less and less replies? Because people are sick and tired of sending logs, calling in, writing in, and all getting the same response and zero change. No one knows of this issue and a blanket statement of “oh, sorry you’re having issues, we’ll get this sorted” and then nothing…for months at a time.

1 Like

Yep, a camera reset or power cycle is a common electronic troubleshooting task.

I am also a customer and user,. Forum Moderators and Mavens are volunteers that give our time to this user to user forum to help fellow users with issues should they arise. There are a few Wyze team members that visit the forums, and they are identified by Wyze in their username along with a Wyze badged avatar.

3 Likes

OMG! Wyze doesn’t even “waste” their time on their customers, they rely on volunteers to “help” them…Wow! Wow! Wow!
What a great company! :rage:
I will never spend another dime on any Wyze products or services.

1 Like

If you want to contact Wyze officially, use support. This forum is a user to user community, and Wyze staff pop in from time to time. Again, support is the place to go if you want to talk to Wyze people.

1 Like

The Forums has always been one of the great user communities that Wyze has. Like stated, if you would like to contact the official Wyze Support for an issue, here is the contact info.

3 Likes

I only looked at 10 days. But as promised, the results are here. A vast improvement in # of notifications successfully delivered! Removing the 6 second barrier has helped greatly! :+1::smiley: It would have been well over 90% had there not been a 2½ hour notifications blackout on one of the logged days.

Now if we can dial in the AI accuracy, we might have security cams again.

2 Likes

log id 754154

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @allegjdm! :raising_hand_man: Glad to have you aboard! :grin:

Posting a log number without any context in a thread that is over 3 months old won’t result in any suggested fixes to your problem or escalation to Wyze. Wyze Devs don’t pick up logs unless they have an issue escalated to them thru channels.

• Detailed description of your issue?
  • When did the problem start?
  • Any specific changes that prompted this?
  • What steps have you taken?
  • What OS and Wyze App Version #?
  • What Cam model and Firmware Version #?
2 Likes

The same here, about 2 months ago I noticed the Notification Setting option displayed you must enable event recording in order to receive notifications. I have two Cam 2 cameras with one subscribed to Cam Plus and both show the same message. If you check Event Recording on both cameras, event recording is enabled. I just did a FW update and if I look at my account/FW update, both are at the latest version. I have both Sound and Motion enabled and also All Motion events for Cam Plus. Right now only Sound notifications are being sent, Haven’t received any event notifications in a while.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @tomsk10!

That message is a “stock” reminder that will persistent even if you have all notifications selected. In my list, because I am using Beta Testing Firmware, Friendly Faces appears as one of the Notification selections. However I cannot select it because I have HMS which conflicts with CamProtect, which is where Friendly Faces is available. I believe the message you see is going to be there so long as there is even one unchecked notification category. And, even then it might stay in. I can’t test it since I can’t enable Friendly Faces.

My advice… Ignore it. It is just telling you that if you don’t have it selected to record in the Event Recording, you can’t enable Notifications for events you don’t record.

For your cams… Not positive what Firmware you have or if it’s a V3, but firmware updates can sometimes not be fully effective without a reset. Try this:

1. Account → App Settings → Cache File Size: click Clear.
  2. Go back one page and sign out.
  3. Close the app.
  4. Long press the app icon, choose App Info
  5. Force Close the app.
  6. Restart the phone
  7. Power Cycle the cams (unplug, wait 30s, replug)
  8. Wait for your phone and the cams to fully restart and log into the router.
  9. Open the app, login.
  10. verify your Event Recording settings are on and your notification settings are on.

If you continue to get no notifications even though there are Event Videos in the Events Tab, post back with your Firmware and App version.

1 Like

This is an issue again. My Cam V3 with CamPlus does not push any notifications to the Wyze Android app. As soon as I remove CP from that cam, I get notifications again. I re-apply CP, and the notifications stop. (I’ve also tried setting Event Recording to “All motion events” instead of just “Smart detection events,” and I still get no notifications.

App and firmware all current.

Android Wyze app 2.42.5.294
Cam V3 4.49.3.4054