Not in English and wont setup

New cam wont speak in English and wont let me finish setup to change to English.

There is a USB port on the back of the camera, can I connect to computer and setup? What is that port for?

If the cam is speaking non-English, its firmware probably didn’t get loaded properly. You will need to flash the firmware. See this:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009490871-Camera-firmware-flashing-instructions

The large USB port on the back is only for passing power to another camera (daisy chain). It does not handle interface to a computer.

Thank you, That got it speaking in English! I get all the way to scan code and then it sits there for a very long time and the app comes back with a sad face with X X for eyes and says “Connection Failed” … LED on front of cam is flashing blue.

How do I get it to finish the setup so I can test out the cam?

See the Troubleshooting section under the Support link at the top of this page.

Make sure the WiFi you are using is on 2.4 GHz - not 5 GHz.

I have tried with two different routers… The one only has 2.4 and the other has both 2.4 and 5 but I have them named in such a way that you know which one is which so not to accidently try and connect to the 5 GHz band. Both 2.4 GHz on the route’s just seem to time out and never connect…

I live in Jardín Colombia South America… could it be that I am just to far from the servers that it times out??? Is there a way to force it to connect? Or is there other firmware that can be loaded that does not force server connection to use the cameras?

deleted