No sound in camera

Same issue here, very low sound coming through the mic. I have also tried all the advice on the forum but the issue remains. Using Android devices to monitor Wyze Cam 2.

1 Like

Im having the same issue with new camera. Updated the firmware right out of box so i dont know if its the firmware or not but the camera will not pickup sound in live feed or recorded video. However if i disable the auto night vision i get sound on both setting nightvision off and on but if i switch it back to auto nightvision i loose sound again

I’m having the same issue with one of my cans. Mic works fine, but all I get is static when trying to listen to audio picked up by the camera. Very disappointing. 3 others working fine.

Seems like after the months of reported issues on this forum for the same sound issues, there would be a fix for this by now. I have the same problem with my 2 Cam Pans. The sound works fine when in viewing mode on both cameras, but the sound volume is very, very low and I have to put the speaker of my phone to me ear to hear anything.

Also, when a recorded event occurs, whether visual or audio, I get no sound at all in the recordings from either camera…not even hissing. This happens on both the standard 12 second recording or continuous cloud recording. My firmware is up to date and this has been occurring since I have had my cams for several months.

I have gone through the standard troubleshooting steps of resetting the cameras, toggling the sound off/on in the advanced settings tab and also the speaker icon on the viewing screen. Nothing I have tried has worked. This is obviously a software or firmware issue. I would really like this corrected. I love the Cam Pans, but holding off on buying any more until the sound issues are fixed.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I have about 8 cams, more than half of them don’t have sound anymore, it’s pretty bad. I won’t buy more until it’s resolved.

2 Likes

Same with me. out of my 5 cams only two has audio

I’m now having the same problem. I have record audio set and I can see the lips move on the people in the recording, but no sound. It’s a damn shame Wyze can’t fix this problem.

1 Like

Same boat. Just lost sound on my one and only cam v.2 . For a security device this is simply unacceptable.

I have 2 cameras - one that has great sound, the other has a buzz sound. I love the video clarity but sound is huge. I would like to buy more cameras but hesitant. Any response from Wyze on this problem? A fix would be nice.

We added 3 cameras for a total of 11.

Just realized tonight, NOT A SINGLE CAMERA PLAYBACK HAS ANY SOUND!

Are you kidding me?

All have memory sticks, their own electric outlet, our Internet is sufficiently fast.

So we add 3 cameras to the 8, and it’s been a huge PIA to get all 11 working at the same time. But no sound? Absolutely 100% unacceptable.

I’ve tried several devices, no sound. Real-time and playback, no sound.

This is a HUGE problem. I am DEAF. If we can’t remediate this on all 11 Wyze cameras, then we will be seeking a Refund.

What type of cams do you have?

Did any of your cams record sound before tonight?

Did you turn Record Sound on for each cam in Advanced Settings?

How are you determining that no sound is recorded?

Are you viewing the SD recordings in-cam via Playback or playing back SD footage on a computer?

We have the 2’s and the 3 we just added were the 3’s.

They all recorded sound before. I’m not sure about the 3 new ones, we just got them and took forever to get them to work with the other 8 cameras.

Record Sound is ON for all.

There is no Sound b/c if a car goes by, a door slams, the train behind our house, anything, the footage has the video and no sound. But this is on all 11 cameras suddenly.

I’m watching the playback on a Kindle and on my phone, both had sound prior.

My SO will troubleshoot it tonight as he’s an IT Supervisor. The 3 newest all have new, formatted cards, but that doesn’t explain why the much-older cameras are now silent. To Reset all 11 is a huge undertaking, that’s what we dealt with trying to add the 3, and it took over a week to get them to work together.

1 Like

I was having the same issue. All of a sudden no sound coming from my phone after I switched the night view settings. First I updated the app, nothing. Then restarted the camera, nothing. I then restarted my phone and voila! It worked. Hope this helps some of you.

1 Like

Hi All, Today I received my Wyze Cam V3 with an old firmware version out of the box. When testing cam speaker no sound came from it. Then I updated to version 4.36.1.4 and now is working. So I’ll recommend you to do it too, it may work!

I tried these exact things and mine worked! Thanks!

Ya I find it EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING A brand new camera got it Home set everything Up and after Going through several updates of the software now when I go to live stream, my camera or watch a recorded video there’s no sound that takes place in the environment. Just this really loud sound as if you were listening to an empty space with the microphone on but the microphone doesn’t pick anything up.

This is ridiculous that the sound does not work. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem. What are we supposed to do about it?