No push notifications.... again

It’s fixed but… You still have to do the battery optimization trick.

The latest update seems to fix the notification problem for Android old and new phones. I don’t know about iOS.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll send that up to the team!

Not working for me.

The notifications are working for me.

Thanks!

Worked for a few days. Lost power for 3 hours. When power returned lost push notifications again. No alerts at all. Logged in and out. Power cycled cameras, rebooted system, no luck.

Stopped getting notifications again, in the last few days, just when necessary.

Same here…stopped 2 days ago. Never had any issues before. I did all the tricks…nothing seemed to work. Then last night notifications started working again. I had to reboot my phone this morning…no more notifications! I don’t know what else to try- i did the battery trick, deleted the app, reinstalled , power cycled the cam, logged in and out, tried the beta app…nothing works. I’m currently on app version 1.2.72 ,firmware 3.9.3.28 Android 8.1 Pixel 2 XL

I stopped getting notifications myself on my Samsung S9+, I’m using that to help our dev team troubleshoot what is going on. If you want to help us I recommend emailing support@wyzecam.com so we can troubleshoot more across different types of phones.

Thanks for your help everyone, we’re working as fast as we can!

Thanks! I will email this info.

Fix for this issue yet? Seems like if I leave WIFI and go to 4G I’ll get a past notification but not all. Nor do I get notified while under WIFI?

Installed firmare 3.9.2.30

Android 7.0

As of 13 April, still no push notifications. Tried all the tricks…

I’m also not receiving push notifications on my Pixel XL on 8.1.0. Also running the latest firmware update from Wyze. I’ve only had the cameras for a few days and notifications have not worked once.

Received my first 4 cameras yesterday.

Motion sensing extremely weak or non existent in night-vision mode.

Detected video clips are uploaded to cloud correctly.

No notifications are received at all. (all suggestions I’ve read have been tried)

FW 4.9.1.42

APP 1.2.76

Otherwise the next official app update will fix your notifications. I was without them for two weeks and i signed up for the beta. All good here.

Installed Wyzecam 3 days ago - no problem with installation. Have had two updates since setting it up. Current version is 1.2.76 Cell phone is Samsung Galaxy J1 Luna, Android version 6.0.1

I have yet to get an alert. Tried all of the suggested remedies including taking off battery optimization for the Wyzecam app, logging off Wyzecam, shutting down Wyzecam and rebooting cell phone, unplugging Wyzecam from power and leaving off more than 5 minutes - nothing works.

By the way, I have a 32 g memory card installed. So far all I see are 12 second videos from the cloud.

1. How do I get the Wyzecam to record more than 12 seconds?
2. When I do finally get an alert, how is it generated? Sound?
  1. Will I get alerts away from my home wi-fi and be able to view what the camera sees on my cell phone away from my house wif-fi?

Does anyone read these posts?

Thanks.

I installed the beta version of the app (1.3) this morning. My Android 6.x device seems to be getting notifications from the app, while my Android 4.4.4 device still does not. I’m assuming its just too out of date.

I have 32 gig cards in all cams. They all record continuously and reliably. I can select playback and view all recorded material.

12 seconds is the limit for the notification capture that is uploaded to the cloud. if you have cards installed and continuous recording selected, it is still going, the 12 seconds is just a small snippet that is uploaded.

The alerts are a sound and icon in the notification area of the screen. Sound is dependent on what your default notification sound is set to in your device.

I can see live feeds, notification recordings, and the continuous recording playback from any guest wifi as well as 4G.

my only issue left to verify is the sensitivity of motion detection with night vision on. It was non-existent last night, but seems to have improved today. Tonight will tell.

Thank you. From your response I see that I didn’t have it set to “continuous”.

Under notifications, what does the pencil icon and the paper icon mean?

thanks again

How do you sign up for Beta? I have the regular Wyzecam app installed.

thanks

Notifications not working for me as well.