No power to Thermostat

Thanks guys. I should have paid y’all the $100 install fee the A/C company charged me.

New problem…Wyze app “can’t find any thermostats”

Cool. I’ve done the install a few times and never had a issue, so I’m not sure what it could be. Only suggestion would be to remove the thermostat and then reinstall (power cycle) or push the knob in for 10-15 secs to reset it.

1 Like

I would try pushing the button in for 10 seconds as @Ken.S suggested then try setting it up again in the app

solved: I have google pixel 3A and it failed to connect to the thermostat for the setup. I followed the troubleshooting link but it would never pair so I had to find someone with an iPhone to complete the set up. That’s a Really big inconvenience that I hope Wyze sorts out in the future.
[https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054654951-Bluetooth-pairing-fails-with-Wyze-Thermostat]

That’s strange, I just set up a new one on 12/11, I have the pixel 4a 5g and didn’t have any trouble. Glad you got it working

I faced this multiple times on samsung s9… searched Forums with C0_EA and found out that it is a Android phones Bluetooth detection issue and finished the installation on my wife’s iPhone

I set mine up a few months ago and replaced my router. Now I have issues with my Pixel 4 XL my wife’s Pixel 4, a Galaxy S7 and have no one around with an iphone. Sure will be cold tonight with the ice storm.

By chance, do you have an Android Tablet or iPad. you should be able to use one of those. I have the Wyze app on both.

Didn’t think of my son’s Fire Tablet. Will give that a shot. Thanks!

No dice, won’t get to the point to select wifi with the tablet. I can get as far as finishing the setup and it fails.

Lol. Had a friend come by with a newer iPhone. Still get stuck at the same spot and the device appears in the app but has no connection and remains in the Wyze screen.

:slight_smile: I don’t have the Thermostat yet, but on the Bulbs, plugs, and Vacuum (I Believe), When I connected to the device’s network it indicated that there was no internet and it kept switching back and not working. I actually had to check the box that said stay connected on the phone. Is it possible you are getting a message similar to that?

Without having a TStat, it is a little more difficult. @speadie or @Ken.S may be able to help, but not sure.

My device shows an IP in the app when the setup fails. It’s only pingable when setting it up. When it fails, requests time out and become unreachable. Trying again allows pings to return. Will keep digging

Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on on your phone and that the wyze app has permission to use it. That’s what it uses to connect to the thermostat.

Yeah, everything was on. While using the iPhone, I saw that it was connected to the Tstat but still failed. My AiMesh backhaul was 5GHz so I turned that off and safe sure I was on the 2.4 GHz network. The only other difference between the first setup and this time around is a Status firmware update and app update. FINALLY found my old Tstat and got it connected today, we have heat :grin:. Hoping for a fix or replacement, loved this thing till now.

UPDATE - Wyze replaced the thermostat. Had the same issues. Disconnected my main ISP and used my secondary (very slow) and was able to register the device and manage it through the app with the same phone I used when initially posting.

I reconnected my primary ISP connection and soon after, the device was offline… But I can still use it manually. I went back to use just the secondary ISP and the issues are still there. I’ve got an IP and everything looks good at the router.

Anyone know of some ports that may need to be opened up? All of my other Wyze devices work great.

You shouldn’t need any ports opened. Check who your are using as a dns resolver for your second ISP.

Okay, good deal. Makes sense, same router, different ISPs and different results… That takes the router out. I absolutely hate Sprint… The MiFi has limited DNS options on it too and they must be doing something. I’ve turned on Manual DNS and cannot get any connection… Pretty much forced to use theirs. I’ll throw an update out here if I learn something, Conversations with Sprint aren’t the best in the world.