No Person Detection!

I have 3 V3 with current firmware and 1 does not work and all 3 are on cam + i did a hard reboot and now all 3 work fine

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve tried the reboots, both software and power, no change.

FW 4.36.0.252 for all 3.

Then i would say its on Wyze end it makes no difference to us just as long we get a recording we have V2,V3 wireless outdoor cameras at over 18 sites so we rarely get people on ours mostly wildlife

I and others, in another forum, also are experiencing issues. I ended up Clearing Cache from within the app, and on the Android Phone, did a force stop and cleared cache there. Started the app again and tested the camera’s t make sure they were able to stream. Everything started working again. Still a bit sporadic, but seemed to work better.

But this morning, I seem to be getting a lot of person notifications. I think the issue is with the AI Servers. If I turn off Detection zone, things get a bit better, and when I turn on All Motion Detection, then I get flooded with Alerts.

Based on that, and the fact that the same issue exists with my iPhone, I think it is on the server side. But still performing some tests.

1 Like

Between 7-12, I have had 27 person detections today on my driveway and Garage cams.

In total and adding all camera’s including those for just motion, I have had over 150 notifications.

Things are looking better for now. :slight_smile:

There’s a new server side programmer who put in a buggy fix? :grin:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Then maybe notifications will continue. Pleasant change from the last week or so.

I see person on the V2,wireless outdoor but not on the V3

I posted in another forum, but last night I also cleared cache from within the app. I am using an Android phone, so I then got out of the app (Shut it down), did a force stop and cleared the cache. Then went back into the app and and went to each camera to make sure they were streaming as well. I did this as corrupt cache files seems to cause an issue, and the size seems to impact it some as well. No real evidence, but every time I clear the Cache, things seem to definately get better.

Not to Jinx myself, but since doing this last night and running all day, I have received notifications.

Couple of things to note:

1. My WCO’s are not on CamPlus, I get all motion detection. Will purchase more licenses in the near future. No Detection Zones are set.

2. My V3’s and V2’s are set to use AI detection only for Person. No Detection Zones are set either.

I have found when you use Detection zones, the notification seems to be delayed more or not at all. Turning off Detection Zone helps out, Credit to @R.Good as I got this tip from him and it has made a difference for me.

*** EDIT ***
Needed to note the following:

1. I am a beta tester for FW and App
  2. I use noth iPhone and Android for my testing. Clearing of the cache via the app works in both.

Versions of what I am using

• App Version (Android): 2.18.15
  • V3 FW: 4.36.0.252
  • V2 FW: 4.9.6.241
  • WCO FW: 4.17.1.35
  • WCO Base FW: 4.16.1.14

Sigh, it would be SO much simpler if they just sent an SMS to you instead of you twiddling settings and hoping the app notifications were working this week. All the heavy lifting is already done on the camera itself and on the Wyze server. You wouldn’t even need the app installed. :frowning:

This is why Alexa Wyze person notifications can keep working fine even when there are app notification failures.

1 Like

So true. Most of us agree that it is something on the server side, so the tweaking an playing with the camera’s and app is basically a stop gap.

However, I put most of my settings back, so far so good.

Hopefully it is true that they have a new Server Side developer who is putting fixes in place.

Thanks but my point was almost the opposite. If clearing your local app cache helps, it may not be server side at all, but rather poor app coding? Presumably an Alexa notification through the Wyze skill directly from the server WOULD have worked at the same time your app notifications were failing?

Got you - read it differently. Either way, you are correct. I think it is poor coding on the app side for the cache cleanup, I started the cache cleanup when my streamming would go down to 0KBps. but I am not 100% convinced that is the real issue with the notifications, I think it helps a bit. I really think it is on the server side. I am basing this on the fact that it happens on my iPhone as well as my Android phone. In addition, Alexa always notifies but the app does not (it is sporadic). Since the events show the Person Tag with the Video and Alexa announces, I think it had or has something to do with the server and triggering the push notifications. Could be as simple as packet loss when triggering the notification.

Would probably be an additional fee :slight_smile: but I agree, would be nice to have that option. Nowadays SMS relays get pretty pricey. It was nice back in the day when you could just use the @vzw text or whatever carrier then they caught on and blocked you if there was high traffic and sent you quotes for SMS relays.

1 Like

The spammers seem to have no trouble reaching me several times a day through e-mail SMS. Maybe T-Mobile is less vigilant.

Yeah SMS definitely costs some money. It would be good if they included that in the CamPlus tier or as an option. $1-$20 per year should cover most people; the bulk cost is well under a cent per message.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

Saturday I decided to try power cycling the two troublesome cameras again. This time left them unplugged for about a minute, not sure if that is pertinent. The two camera’s started detecting again!

Everything was normal again until last night. After 7pm no more detection on one of the trouble cameras and a third camera that had not had a problem now is not detecting.

The doorbell is still person detecting fine as of this morning.