No more dancing around it. Can you fix audio issues with Wyze v3 cameras?

I bought a few more on the past month and they’ve been fine.

I would not recommend this as it’s clearly “Warranty Fraud”. Look it up.

No camera under $100 will do that. Let’s be real, are we asking spy quality cameras here? :thinking:
Disclaimer: I know, AverageDude is not asking for this :slight_smile:

I would think that it’s also fraudulent to advertise two way audio when it really does not work and you hear static that’s been a complaint for as long as I can remember. Amazon has an easy no hassle return. I’ve used it and I did not consider it “warranty fraud” at all because I saw no fraud intended or enacted. I suggest everyone purchase directly from Amazon because as often as these products go bad or become frozen up, it’s a good backup to have.

3 Likes

Funny story, last winter I was away at my cottage some 600KM away, when my daughter’s boyfriend stopped buy my house in the city. At first I didn’t recognized him as he was wearing a hoody. He stood in front of the camera and asked for my blessing to ask my daughter to marry him. The conversation went for good twenty minutes and I didn’t hear any static (except me chocking my tears).

I’m sorry you got handed a bad batch of cameras, but that happens with the best and most expensive hardware out there.

1 Like

Once again, what you are suggesting here is a fraud. You are ordering two new cameras and than you are claiming return and returning the two old ones, presumably bad. That is fraud no matter how you justify it, again look it up.

I consider it a warranty return.

2 Likes

Microphone on camera too sensitive?

You can hear a leaf drop :rofl:

1 Like

I agree with most people here having trouble with their V3s. Its microphone audio is terrible as compared to other $20 cams on amazon through which i can even hear people whispering 6-7 ft away from the cam. How difficult could it be to put better mic or fix it with a software update if its at all possible. Its a pity that V3 has an excellent video and night vision but such pathetic audio else it would be a keeper.

2 Likes

The original V3s had garbage microphones so I could barely hear people speaking next to the cameras, bought a few around Christmas 2022 and the microphones are much better now but still not great. At least I can hear sounds now but still can’t understand what’s being said accurately so if a burglar says another burglar’s name while in my house I doubt I’ll understand what he said.

2 Likes

:joy:

Good to know, I will try another newer one. the only reason i like these is because they are small and the magnetic base makes it so convenient to mount anywhere. Else I also tried a galayou brand with PTZ 2k cam with builtin flashlight at about $26 and it has been better than wyze in every respect. Still the form factor and magnetic mount are great for wyze.

1 Like

I agree, audio pick-up and playback is not good enough for a security camera. The volume is low, there is compression warble, and very poor fidelity and the microphone is very directional. I can not understand a conversation only 8 feet away, but off to the side, but still in view. I have a good connection and use a video SD card.

I just bought 2 v3s in black limited edition color. They both have terrible audio. Nothing but static. Just like all the other v3s we have. They are mounted outside too. We use android phones. What is the deal??? Why isn’t anyone at wyze fixing this? You’re advertising something that doesn’t actually work.

v3 Audio is highly compressed and un usable. Please fix this. Reduce compression, or add settings to reduce compression and improve quality.

1 Like

This is been going on since day one and they ignore any questions about it. They figure if they don’t say anything or admit to it they can get away with keeps selling the stock. I don’t know if the V3 pro has the issues fixed. If not, then you know they really don’t care about audio. The sad part is supposedly the V2 has better audio. That means if they could do it then I can’t. They do it now? But as far as them fixing it. They’re not going to.

3 Likes

I have both v3 and v3 pro and a quick test I heard and understood everything both ways on both.

There’s some other issue going on for you. It could be from QA issues on the hardware, a software compatibility issue on the device(s) you use, or even a network or Wyze internet server issue for you. Perhaps something else.

They obviously can work just fine since my test was successful.

Will add: The unfortunate thing is the complexity throws people off a lot. These things are quite complex. There’s too much involved. That’s why there’s the amount of problems there are.

Not in my case. I even had them replace two cameras and the audio was the same. Picks up certain noises but even having a TV on inside during the test wouldn’t be picked up.

1 Like

The audio in the V3s when they were released was horrible with popping and scratching and inability to hear people that were talking right next to the cameras. Wyze has improved audio in later V3s without admitting there was a problem but it’s still not good, at least people can be heard speaking in the same room as the camera even though they cant usually be understood. So when comparing your experience with the V3s you have to remember that people with old versions can’t hear anything and comparing them to the newer cameras doesn’t work since the audio has been changed.

1 Like

It’s funny you mention your TV inside. Because we have a v3 right outside the front door in the top corner. We can hear what goes on inside our home better than right outside on the front porch. Makes me think the microphone is in the back and the speaker is in the front. Which might explain why everyone has poor audio.

1 Like

I have disassembled many Wyze cams, the microphone is in the front :rofl: