no micro sd card installed in camera

hey, did u try bypassing the firmware update, seeing if the cam could see the sd?

I was wondering if we would see QC issues like this in the hardware. While these are a great value and Wyze is doing some really cool stuff with them, these are still $20 Xiaomi cameras and that’s retail. To get these out at that price point, QC is going to take a hit. I just hope they get these issues ironed out so first time buyers who aren’t familiar with the nuances of this product, aren’t soured by a bad device as the whole concept of what Wyze is doing is really cool.

1 Like

I’m going to speculate you meant to say “SD cards”? The Wyze cams can’t read SIM cards.

Correct, I meant SD card.

If anyone has a problem about no SD card issue, check that your Wyze V2 is eligible for replacement .
https://replacement.wyzecam.com/

I did the same as firefox formatting my SD card using the utility from the Sandisk site and it worked in my camera. I couldn’t format it directly on the camera. Need to use your computer and the utility program to format.

Hello I had the same problem I installed an sd card that I had before and it worked fine when inserted and recorded and lasted for about two days then the recorded didnt happen any more. It would say that no micro sd card read or inserted and I would take off the card and inserte it back and tried to format it through the wyze app but it didnt work until today that I came up to this post which another I read about another user that formatted the sd card but through the computer. So I went on and inserted my sd card in a sd card reader and did it through my macbook computer and there was a video on youtube that helped me figure out how to reset the format and after I reset the sd card I inserted in my wyze cam and it worked. Hooraay now I know the trick and I will be doing that if it happens again

Had the same issues others described here and the fix was simple: Click the “Restart Device” button in the app on your phone. It takes about a minute to restart. My micro SD card was instantly recognized after doing this.

1 Like

I’m getting the No SD card inserted after disconnecting the camera and plugging it back in. The card is inserted and was detected before I powered it off.

For the first time since buying the camera, I wanted to review recorded video. Absolutely Terrible experience - and not just because of the above. This camera and app are JUNK if you plan to review saved videos.

Agree with Tuna. I am experiencing the same problem.

Same problem here. Replaced SD card and still app says no micro sd card installed.

Same here. Two different cameras with previously recognized cards no longer see the SD card.

Has anyone solved the “MicroSD CArd is not available” problem?
I have tried new cards with the same results. If I take one from my base station, it is recognized.
I noticed that the working card was formatted in FAT32, not exFAT so I tried to format it in DOS but failed as the volume was too large. It works in my Cam, but not in my Outdoor cam.
Haven’t had any reply from support in 4 days now…

I’m having the same problem all of a sudden. I did a complete install of the Pan Camera and re-initialized the SD card. I’m still getting the same message. I tried calling support, but after 15 minutes and no one picking up, I hung up. This is not a good sign and I just ordered their thermostat and headphones!!

I just re-formatted again using xFAT and now the SD card is showing as being installed. Whoopee!

FWIW, a “restart” camera from the app solved my issue. Wonder why a power cycle didn’t accomplish the same thing?

The outdoor cam has no reset available like the indoor. I finally got through to support and she said this hasn’t been reported yet! Still waiting for an email response from her. 1 week now…